TWENTY

↳ chapter twenty: the crown

chapter twenty:
the crown

Over next few days, Hae watched Hwarangs practice their dance moves or playing their instruments.Hansung and her met every now and then and practiced for their performance and sometimes he even showed her a performance he will do with other Hwarangs.

Hwarangs would practice at most random places and opportunities and Hae would just smile as she passed by.

''There you are '' A sudden voice startled Hae and she looked up, her eyes meeting warm chocolate brown ones and she smiled warmly.''I was looking everywhere for you, Jagiya '' Hansung pouted, taking a seat next to her and pulling her to his chest.

Hae let out a tiny giggle at the warm gesture and leaned onto his chest.''Wae? ''

Hansung shrugged his shoulders, putting his chin on her shoulder making their cheeks touch.Hae turned her head to him and raised an eyebrow.Hansung grinned and kissed her nose making her let out a squeal.

''Saranghae '' Hansung whispered to his lover as his lips grazed over her neck, slightly pressing kissing it.Hae shuddered at the contact.

''N-Nado Saranghae '' She managed somehow to stutter it out, not from embarrassment but as a result of Hansung's lips on her neck.

Hansung kissed her jawline and earlobe before bringing his hand to her face, turning her to face him.His eyes gazed at her plump lips and back to her eyes and kissed her lightly.

Hae immediately responded back, kissing him and Hansung turned her whole body around, deepening the kiss.He licked her bottom lip asking for entrance, which she granted and let his tongue in her mouth.

The kiss soon turned into a make-out session and the two were practically straddling each other.Luckily for them, they were at their secret spot by the creek so no one could see them. Hanung suddenly pulled away and hugged her close.Hae looked at him confused.

''Anajwo!''

Hae let out a giggle at his randomness but hugged him nonetheless.Hansung wrapped his arms around her small frame, wishing that the moment would never end.As if reading his thoughts, Hae spoke up.

''I wish this would never end ''

''I do too ''

🔱🔱🔱

Hae laid in her bed, eyes open and unable to sleep because of Master Woo Reuk and Hwarangs' drumming outside.

''Aish! '' She exclaimed, abruptly standing in sitting position and rubbing her head.Her eyes wondered over her room and stopped on her sword that her mother gave her.Rolling her eyes at the thought of her mother, Hae stood up and walked over to the mirror.

Looking at herself, she found herself staring at her crown in the reflection.Hae turned around and walked over to the stand that held her crown, before walking back to the mirror and putting the crown on.

''How come I remained but he didn't?How come you favor me over him,eomma? '' Hae mumbled to herself, thinking about herself and her brother.

Sam was first in line to be the king but if he was to be killed that would make Hae a new Queen, but in order to do so, she'd have to marry.The marriage would have probably been arranged but if she had any luck, maybe it wouldn't be.

Lost in her though, Hae didn't even notice nor hear Hansung entering her room.Hansung stood by the door, slightly leaning on the wall with a pillow in his hands.He was looking at Hae, slightly frowning at her rhetoric question.Silently, he walked over to her and hugged her from the back, making her let out a gasp.

She trashed in his arms, not realizing that it was Hansung.His eyes widen and he turned her around.

''Jagiya!It is I, Hansung ''

Hae immediately calmed down and looked at him, oblivious to tears on her cheeks.Hansung's frown deepened and he cupped her face, wiping the tears with his thumb.

''Mianhae Jagiya. '' He whispered over and over as he brought her into a hug, holding her close to his body.Hae sniffed and cuddled into him.Hansung silently walked them over to the bed and sat down with Hae still in his arms.

''Shhh.Mianhae for startling you, Jagiya '' Hansung muttered as he removed the crown from her head.Hae nodded and wiped her tears.

''I do not know what came into me '' She giggled and looked at Hansung curiously, seeing a dark blue pillow next to hers.

''Why are you here? ''

Hansung smiled sheepishly.''I cannot sleep because of the noise.I need to study too, so I am sleeping here from now on ''

Hae let out a chuckle and nodded.She laid back and pulled the covers over her frame.She looked at Hansung who hasn't moved an inch before rolling her eyes, motioning for him to get in beside her.

Hansung smiled cheekily and put his pillow next to Hae's before laying back and pulling covers over him.

Hae smiled and turned her head in opposite way, making him frown.Suddenly an idea came into his mind and he smiled innocently as he wrapped his arms around her, protectively as he cuddled into her.

Hae smiled as she felt him bring her closer and closed her eyes, letting the darkness consume her.