THIRTY-TWO

↳chapter thirty-two;  a stroll through the town(pt

chapter thirty-two;
a stroll through the town(pt.2)

Hae strolled through the town happily with her brother at her side. Now and then someone would greet her and bow to her, which she returned with a smile.

''Sometimes I'm envious of you, Hae '' Ji Dwi broke the silence as the two walked through the now empty park. Hae looked at him confused.
''You are free to roam the city whenever you want and you don't have to hide your identity''

''Brother, you and I both know that I'm strongly against our mother's wish to keep you hidden and unknown to the world. '' Hae began, a sad smile on her lips as she talked.

''I wish that everything didn't have to run out this way, you being hidden while I'm somewhat free ''

Ji-Dwi looked at her and noticed tears gathering in her eyes. He stopped walking and grabbed her hand, turning her to him and hugging her tightly. ''I know you do''

Hae sniffled and nodded her head. She looked up at him. ''I suppose that's why you decided to join Hwarang, to defy our mother's command ''
Ji-Dwi couldn't help but let a small smile grace his lips as he nodded, looking down at his younger sister.

''You know- '' He began ''I begged mother to let you with me. I wanted someone other than Pa-Oh by my side but- ''

''but-she didn't allow that'' Hae interrupted him and broke out from the hug. ''While you were gone, my mother insisted for me to take up sword-wielding and martial arts.''
Ji-Dwi took her hand and lead her to a small bench under a tree. The two sat down and Hae continued her story.

''After I had mastered both, she sent me away to other countries. There I learned of acupuncture and healing in some ways. ''

''Mother told me you came on the same day as I did, right?'' Ji-Dwi inquired.
Hae let out a small giggle, nodding her head.''Must be the twin connection ''

This time, Ji-Dwi joined and the two laughed for a couple of moments before Hae stopped. She gazed towards where you could see the main tower of the palace. Ji-Dwi followed her gaze and smiled softly.

''Do you remember when we were just children, running around the palace and distressing maids'' Ji-Dwi sighed, remembering their childhood.

Some would say that future rulers were to be well-mannered but that wasn't their case. Before the whole incident happened,Hae and Ji-Dwi couldn't last a few hours without causing some sort of trouble for their parents or maids. Their mother would scold them while their father would just laugh and told them to not get into too much trouble.

''Of course, I do. '' Hae smiled.''I particularly remember one day when you bumped into poor Seoja and- ''

''It wasn't my fault! You were chasing me!''
Ji-Dwi exclaimed, now wide-eyed and pointing his forefinger at Hae. The other just shook her head.
''If you hadn't destroyed my flower crown none of that would've happened.''

Ji-Dwi just laughed before hugging her once again, tightly. The two siblings soaked up their alone time, knowing that won't be happening often in future, before heading back to the Hwarang Palace.

i have decided to not write a smut because i just feel like it doesn't mach the story.
and i'm sorry for not updating. i'll try to balance my school-life and private life better so i could update more <3