FOUR

↳ chapter four: the ceremony

chapter four:
the ceremony

Next day came by quickly and Hae was sitting on a stool as maids brushed her hair.They told her to stand up and she did as told.They put some pins in her hair and added a bit of makeup before handing her a hanbok and letting her change in privacy.

Hae looked into the mirror and saw a girl with light hair and bright eyes in a red hanbok looking back at her.She smiled at her reflection.

The maids came back in and bowed their heads, standing by side as Hae inspected herself.She turned around and thanked the maids, giving them smile and missing them.

🔱🔱🔱

Hae was seated next to her mother as she overlooked all the people that crowded the front yard.The plates were placed, each plate reading a name of one of future Hwarangs.Soon men walked forward and went to stand next to the plate that read their name.

Looking at their faces, Hae noticed Hansung amongst them and smiled at him.Hansung noticed her smile and smiled back.He looked around and saw how many people were there before looking back forward.He started at Hae and saw how beautiful she looked that particular day.

Hansung was doing heart eyes at young girl before his friend smacked his arm.Annoyed Hansung looked away from the beautiful girl.

Hae, on the other hand, looked at others and noticed two plates didn't have an owner.Suddenly she remembered that Ji Dwi isn't there as well.She crouched over to the Queen, whispering.

''Two are missing. '' Ji-Soo looked at her and nodded.''We shall wait for them''

Hae smiled and stood back upright.She once again looked at the faces of Hwarangs and her gaze caught Hansung's.He smiled at her once again, which made her giggle.Hansung saw that and smiled in accomplishment.

She averted her gaze from him but soon smiled back.

🔱🔱🔱

''Eomma, we must start '' Hae stated, looking at her mother and noticing her stance.She was annoyed and angry. Ji-Soo looked at her and nodded before motioning for the ceremony to start.

The ceremony started by introducing Master We Hwa as instructor chief and Ji-Soo handing him the sword.

Next Hae was introduced.
''Kim Hae you are commissioned to be an assistant instructor to Hwarangs. ''

She stepped in front of the Queen and knelt.Ji-Soo smiled at her and handed her a red sword.Hae took it and stood up.

''I,Kim Hae The Princess of Silla, shall obey your royal decree '' Hae shouted so everyone could hear her.Ji-Soo nodded and motioned for Hae to go back to her designated place.

Hwarang after Hwarang, all of them accepted the royal decree.Hae didn't look interested until she saw Hansung coming up and bowing his head as Master We Hwa handed him the sword and he took an oath.

Hansung looked up at Hae and noticed her already looking at him, he smiled at her before taking the sword and going back to his plate.

They waited and waited for the last two Hwarangs to appear.Hae saw a girl talking to The Queen. Just as the Queen was about to say something, the main doors opened, revealing Ji Dwi and Sun Woo.Hae smiled at Ji Dwi who smiled back before glaring back at their mother.

They both took their oaths and Hae looked over at Ji-Soo who was still in shock, as her only son stood before her, disobeying her.The ceremony soon finished and Hae felt ill.

''Can I be dismissed? ''Hae asked her eomma and Ji-Soo nodded at her. Hae bowed and turned around to go back to the palace.She felt tired and as if she couldn't stand anymore.

Unknown to her a certain Hwarang was watching her like a hawk, his eyes full of curiosity as he looked at the girl who was slightly stumbling.Unable to hold himself back, Hansung stepped out of the line and ran upstairs, causing gasps from men and women all around at such a disrespectful action.

Hae grabbed the wall for support and suddenly the world around her started spinning.She saw a figure hurrying towards her.''Hae! '' She heard Hansung yell before darkness consumed her.