SEVENTEEN

↳ chapter seventeen:  sword-wielding lesson

chapter seventeen:
sword-wielding lesson

''You should be resting ''

''I am feeling alright now, Hansung ''

The two stood in Hae's room and Hansung was worrying over her health as she told him they were to leave for first training.

''You are not Hae.Please, stay here today '' Hansung begged his love clearly not happy by her choice in not staying in bed like she should be.Hae rolled her eyes with a smile at his overprotectiveness and walked over to him.She grabbed his face and kissed him.Hansung immediately responded by kissing back and moving them to the wall.Her back, pressed against the wall and Hansung's arms on both sides of her head, restricting her from any movement.

The two pulled away, catching their breaths.''I will be alright, do not worry '' Hae muttered against his lips, making him pout.Hae let out a giggle at his cuteness and kissed him once again.

''How could I not worry?You are mine''

Hanung mumbled making Hae blush madly, her face turning red like a tomato.Hanung smiled in accomplishment, seeing her blush and kissed her forehead before moving away and walking towards the door.

''I'll see you in a few, Saranghae '' Hansung said, already at the door.''Saranghae '' Hae replied and he exited the cabin, leaving Hae who was still blushing at the earlier comment.

🔱🔱🔱

''Today's lesson is rather easy.You will fight with your sword-wielding instructor.You must block his attack 10 times '' Assistant chief instructor explained motioning over to mute, buff man.

''Her Majesty shall demonstrate '' Hae nodded and picked up a wooden sword.The man got into his position and she got into hers.Lots of whispers filled the area.Most of them consisting of how absurd this was going to be or how she didn't stand a chance against the man.

Hae smirked and nodded over at the man.He attacked at brutal speed.His sword was met by Hae's as she stepped back in defense, before spinning around and tapping him on the shoulder.The man attacked once again, this time with more force onto it.

Hae almost got hit but blocked the sword just centimeters from her face.Her face remained calm and her movements were gracious.It looked like she was dancing.Hit after hit, blocked.Attack after attack defended.

After few minutes the claps were heard from all Hwarangs as the duo stopped fighting.Hansung clapped the loudest as he cheered on Hae, making her grin and blush from embarrassment.Ji Dwi, on the other hand, nodded at her, impressed by her skills and moves.She nodded back and sat down on the floor.

🔱🔱🔱

Hwarang after Hwarang, all of them were beaten, badly.Most of them weren't skilled in sword-wielding and failed immediately.Soon it was Soo Ho's turn and she saw the Hwarangs cheer slightly on him.

She watched the battle going on.At first, Soo Ho was doing good and was very close to his tenth blocking but sudden attack made him fall on the floor, defeated.Hae, let out a sigh, knowing they will have to practice a lot more to pass every assignment.

Ji Dwi stood up next, casually walking to the center of the area.He attacked fast and with strange moves, his sword touching The Man's chest.They suddenly stopped but continued in a moment later.Hae smirked seeing her brother fight the man like it was a piece of cake, his style of fighting clearly the same as Hae's.

Other Hwarangs fought and Hae didn't pay attention until it was Hanusng's turn.He looked serious and focused as he battled the man.Hae noted that his defense is breakable and attacks are a bit sloppy.

🔱🔱🔱

''Hansung '' Hae sang as she neared him as he hit the dummy.Hasnusng stopped attacking the dummy and turned to his lover with a smile on his lips.Hae smiled back and walked up to him, embracing him in a hug.Hanung let go of the wooden sword and hugged her back.

''What are you doing? ''

''Practising '' Hanusng replied shortly, picking up his sword and continued to hit the dummy.Hae giggled and hugged him from behind, making him freeze.

''Hold a sword a little higher and do not be afraid to use your strength. '' She advised and Hanung nodded before listening to her advice and attacked the dummy again.Hae smiled satisfied at the result as she watched him practice, giving him tips every now and then

🔱🔱🔱

''You asked for me Master We Hwa? '' Hae questioned as she entered his study.We Hwa smiled at the younger girl, whom he liked much better than her mother and motioned for her to sit.

''Ah yes.I have a plan for the second assignment ''

''What it may be? '' Hae inquired curiously.

''The Hwarangs shall perform at the Thanksgiving festival '' Master We Hwa announced, making Hae smile.''I shall be visiting Her Highness soon to talk about this. ''

''The Thanksgiving Festival?How come? ''

''The Queens wants to announce the Hwarnag to the people of Silla as soon as possible.I see this as a chance to do so.Hwarang will perform for the people '' Master We Hwa elaborated and young princess nodded her head in agreement

''How can be of help to you? '' Hae asked him.Master We Hwa let out a chuckle, an idea forming in his mind.

''I have an idea and it consists of you, your lover and dancing and if I am not mistaken, you are quite of a dancer ''

Hae's face flushed red at the thought of her and Hanusng dancing.She was taught that dance was an intimate 'conversation' between a man and a woman.

''You are right and thank you for informing me Master We Hwa.I will help you as much as I can ''

With that Hae walked out of his study, with a little smirk playing on her lips.

A performance?This should be interesting.