TWENTY-NINE

↳chapter twenty-nine:'we'll figure something out,yeodongsaeng'

chapter twenty-nine:
'we'll figure something out,yeodongsaeng'

''Hae? ''

The said girl looked up from her hands and saw her older brother in front of her. Ji Dwi titled his head to the side, shooting his sister a worried look before crouching down and sitting next to her.

''Are you alright? ''

Hae nodded and stood up, dusting the invisible dust from her hanbok.''I was just overthinking our mother's words from last night. ''

Ji Dwi sighed, knowing what was really on her mind.

When they were both children and played cosplay, Hae was the one who insisted that he's the king and she'd be a doctor or something ranked lower than expected from her. Their father noticed that and so did their mother. Hae never had a desire to become a Queen, but instead wanted a peaceful normal life.

''We'll figure something out,yeodongsaeng. '' Hae sighed but nodded nonetheless and smiled at her brother.

''Where did you disappear after the performance last night?'' Hae suddenly inquired, remembering not seeing him after closing of the festival.

At the mention of the night before, Ji Dwi's eyes hardened, making Hae look at him confused.

''What? Did something happen? ''

''Ah Ro heard our conversation with mother. The General took her to the palace and I followed them and saved her ''

''Sooo, she knows? ''

Ji Dwi nodded, closing his eyes.''Yes ''

Hae smirked slightly,imaging Ro's reaction. ''How did she react? ''

''She took it quite well... '' Ji Dwi looked up at his sister.''except for the fact that she seemed afraid of me ''

The duo smiled at each other before bursting into fits of laughter, Hae wiped a tear that somehow managed to escape her eye while laughing. Ji Dwi was on another level of laughing where he was grabbing his stomach and trying to breathe normally.

''Alright, that's enough '' Hae managed to say through her hard breathing. Ji Dwi nodded and stood up.

''I should get going ''