TWELVE

↳ chapter twelve: pabo!

chapter twelve:
pabo!

Later that day, Hae walked around the premises, looking around when a guard came to her.

''Your Majesty! The Queen is arriving ''

Hae's eyes widened at new information.''Why wasn't I informed of this? ''

''I do not know Your Majesty.The Queen was seen not long ago, riding towards the entrance.'' The guard bowed his head and Hae dismissed him and started walking towards the front yard.

Just as expected, Hae saw her mother on the horse along with the General and her personal maid.Her mother was wearing a hat with a veil covering her face.Ji Soo was looking around when she caught her daughter's gaze.

''Eomma '' Hae bowed her head as she now stood in front of The Queen.
Ji-Soo smiled at her and motioned her to give her a hug.Hae hugged her mother.

''How are you faring Eomma? '' Hae questioned her and Ji-Soo smiled slightly.
''Alright, and how were you these past days? ''

Hae shrugged her shoulders, not really knowing.''Fine I guess ''

Soo Hoo who was walking by stopped as he saw three strangers talking to Hae.His eyes met Queen's.

''Do you know where the chief instructor's office is? '' The maid asked, removing her veil slightly.Soo Hoo snapped out of his trance and nodded.''I shall escort you ''

Ji-Soo motioned for Hae to follow as three ladies followed Soo Hoo.He stopped outside the main cabin.
''This is it ''

''Thank you '' Ji-Soo voiced and Soo Hoo bowed as they passed by.

Inside, Ji-Soo was seated in We Hwa's seat as he sat on the opposite of her with Hae next to him.We Hwa poured Ji-Soo some tea.

''The assistant chief instructor must be doing his job '' We Hwa noted.

''Is this the Hwarang and teachings you mentioned? '' The Queen inquired, raising an eyebrow at him.We Hwa let out a chuckle, looking aside.''Even when you build a castle out of the sand, some sound is bound to slide down. '' He turned to the Queen.

''You are building the future of Silla.Are you saying you cannot breakage? ''

Ji-Soo looked at her daughter, who wasn't really interested in conversation.Noticing her mother's stare Hae turned her head to two elders and started paying more attention.

''No one died or became paralyzed or mute.I think we should be satisfied '' Master We Hwa objected and Queen let out a sigh, leaning onto the table.

''Please tell me.Did you come all the way here because of your Hwarang or because of my Hwarang?'' We Hwa inquired, his stare not wavering from the Queen.

The two stared at each other for few seconds before Ji-Soo broke the silence amongst the three.

''Who is your Hwarang? ''

We Hwa let out a laugh.''His name is Ji Dwi.He got that name while int he West.I am a distant uncle'' At this statement, Ji-Soo let out a small laugh, clearly not buying his story.

''This time, I shall ask you a question. Why did you make Master Ahn Ji's son a Hwarang? '' We Hwa asked, and Hae leaned in, interested in what way that conversation was leading.

''He is my son. '' Ji-Soo stated and Hae's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.

''I was once betrothed to Master Ahn Ji, so his son is my son.Please think of it that way '' Hae let out a quiet 'aha' and got up, silently excusing herself.

Hae walked outside and noticed the General and Queen's maid by the door.Hae nodded and both bowed as she passed by.She walked outside and decided to wait for her mother.

Hae, let her thoughts drift to her lover, Hansung and she wondered whether will her mother accept their relationship or not.Hae suddenly got nervous, realizing that she'll have to talk to Hanusng about telling The Queen of their relationship.

Not long after, The Queen exited the cabin with General and her maid.Ji-Soo stopped in front of her daughter, smiling at her.
''I expect for you to come visit soon ''

Hae smiled and nodded.
''I will.Farewell Eomma '' The Queen left and Hae took a big breath, not realizing that she needed it.She knew that her mother wasn't leaving just yet as the story was involving her Hwarang, Hae presumed that she'll go see him, wherever he was.

🔱🔱🔱

Ji Dwi was wandering the halls, looking for his sister.When he finally noticed her, standing outside in the moonlight, he ran to her.

''Yah! ''

Hae jumped, startled at his sudden appearance.''You scared me half to death,pabo ''

''Ow.I am not a pabo '' He yelped when she flicked his forehead.Hae let out a chuckle and two sat down on the grass.
''I was looking everywhere for you '' Ji Dwi admitted, making Hae look at him confused.

''Wae? ''

''Mother visited today and- ''

''I know, we talked. '' Hae interrupted him.Ji Dwi let out a sigh, putting his head in his hands.
''She saw me with Ah Ro ''

''Are you courting her? ''

''Ani '' Hae noticed disappointment in his voice.

''Then what is your relationship with my friend? ''

''She's my medicine ''Ji Dwi answered making his twin become even more confused.

''Mwo? ''

''When I'm with her, I feel at peace.No nightmares.I think I like her ''

Hae clapped her hands in excitement and let out a tiny squeal.Ji Dwi put a hand over her mouth, making her shut up.''But she is always worried about her brother. ''

''Would you like me to get involved?'' Hae asked him and he shook his head.

''Ani.Ani.You stay with your lover ''

At the mention of Hansung, Hae could feel smirk in his voice.

''I am glad that you found someone, Hae ''Hae didn't respond but hugged him tightly.Ji Dwi tensed for a second but hugged back nonetheless.

Unknown to them, Hansung was hiding behind a pillar, watching the scene in front of him.He clutched to his chest as he felt something inside him break.Shaking his head, Hansung left the yard and retreated back to his room and laid in bed, thinking.