EIGHT

↳ chapter eight: what are we?

chapter eight:
what are we?

It was early in the morning when Hae's walking was interrupted by yelling from Hwarang's cabin.She was dressed in training robes which were provided by her mother and her red sword, strapped on her hip along with two small daggers.

She sped up her pace and entered the cabin and saw most of the Hwarangs outside one room.

''What is going on here? '' Hae demanded and all of them turned around to see her.Her eyes caught Hansung's who smiled but she didn't. A random Hwarang spoke up.

''Ban Ryu and Soo Hoo are fighting, Your Highness ''

Hae let out a scoff at 'Your Highness' but decided against commenting as they still haven't been told that there's no Bone Ranking System at Hwarang House.

''Move aside '' They did as told and she walked past them, opening the door and entering.

She was met with Soo Hoo standing by the doors looking at Ban Ryu choking her brother against the wall.Hearing the door open, Soo Hoo and a man on the bed which she guessed was Yeo Wool turned towards the door.

Ban Ryu didn't stop choking Ji Dwi.

''Listen carefully.I hate it here. I hate the Queen's dog over there'' He motioned towards Soo Hoo.
''But I hate that jerk more '' He nodded towards sleeping Sun Woo, before turning back towards Ji Dwi.

''Along with your arrogant attitude ''

Hae had had enough and she advanced towards the two, punching Ban Ryu making him let go of her brother.Ji Dwi gasped for air and looked at his sister and smiled in gratitude.

Hae nodded at him and looked back at Ban Ryu who was fuming with rage.

He went to attack her but she blocked him easily and did a backflip in the air, landing behind him and punching him in the back which made him fall on the floor.

He got up and looked at his opponent, his eyes widening once he saw that it was the princess.

''Your Highness... ''

''Silence! '' Hae shouted, making everyone in and outside room stop breathing, slightly terrified.

''I do not have time to deal with such childish acts.Do you understand? ''

The room echoed with slight murmurs of 'yes'.
Satisfied, Hae gave one last look at Ban Ryu and Ji Dwi before leaving the room. Outside the room, everyone was quiet as they looked at young princess exit with an annoyed expression.

Hansung looked at her and she smiled. Everyone went back to eavesdropping as Hae motioned for Hansung to come along.He looked at others and saw how occupied they were and smiled at her, walking to her.

The two decided to take a stroll in the yard.

''How are other's treating you so far? '' Hae asked him, genuinely interested.Hansung shrugged and looked over at flowers in curiosity.''Alright, I guess ''

''You guess? ''

''I don't really know what to think.I've come here to become an adult, you know.'' Hansung admitted looking at her with his innocent brown eyes, it made Hae laugh a bit and he grinned seeing her laugh.

''You look beautiful '' Hansung blurted out.His eyes widened once he realized what he said and looked over at Hae who stopped walking.Hae felt her face flush red and giggled.

''Thank you '' She said smiling at him.Hansung wondered how someone like her can be so intimidating like she was just a couple minutes ago.Shrugging he continued walking as did Hae.

Hansung pondered for a minute whether he should stand closer or not.He let out a sigh and walked a bit closer to Hae.

She noticed this and her lips tugged up into a smile.Soon they walked up to a bench and sat down with their shoulders touching.

Hae thought about their kiss a few days ago and wondered if it meant anything to him.To her it definitely did.

''Hansung ''

''Hmm ''

''What are we?I mean...Did that kiss mean anything to you? ''

Hansung turned his head to look at her with his curious eyes.To be honest, Hansung liked her, more than just a friend.The kiss meant something to him and that was something he couldn't dispatch.

''Whatever you want us to be. ''

Hae nodded and let out a sigh.She liked him but was afraid in a way she couldn't explain.She stood up and walked a few steps away from him.Hansung's eyes following her every move, confused.He stood up and walked behind her, putting his chin on her shoulder.

Hae let out a sigh and turned around to face him.Hansung wrapped his arms around her waist, admiring her.Both wanted something, but neither of them knew what.

Hae started leaning in and Hansung looked at her lips.He leaned in also and just as their lips were about to meet he stopped and innocently asked.

''May I? '' Hae nodded and Hansung closed the gap in between.Hae wrapped her hands around his neck, bringing him even closer.

The two separated for air and Hanusng couldn't stop himself from smiling.Hae grinned seeing him smile and he pecked her lips once again.

''I want us to be lovers '' Hae mumbled against his lips.Hansung nodded and kissed her once again.
''Then so be it ''