SIX

↳ chapter six: a house full of men

chapter six:
a house full of men

It was the day of the Hwarang Parade and Hae, unfortunately, wasn't attending.

Why? Simply because she was assigned to wait for Hwarangs at the Hwarang house. She rode Hayangi through massive crowds, way ahead from Hwarangs.

People around her bowed but she simply shook her head at them and motioned for them to stand back upright.Once she finally arrived at the House, the door opened immediately, letting her in.She saw many tables with cups on them.Turning to the guard she questioned.

''What are cups for? ''

''I'm not sure Your Highness.But I certain that it's some strong liquor '' The guard replied.

Hae grinned at the idea that came into her mind.''Set another table for me, please '' The guard's eyes widened but he nodded and bowed nonetheless and went to prepare another table.Hae then went to a seat and sat down, looking over the house.

It was fairly big and had a lot of space.Hae smiled to herself, knowing that she'll like it here.Soon yells were heard from the outside and guards opened the door, revealing Master We Hwa and Hwarangs behind him.

They all walked forward and Master We Hwa bowed to Hae in which she giggled.''No need, Master We Hwa ''

''Please have a seat '' Master We Hwa nodded and motioned for the seat next to him at which she shook her head.
''I'll join the Hwarangs at the tables ''

We Hwa's eyes went wide in worry for the young princess.

''Are you sure, Your Highness? ''

''I'm certain and please no formalities.There'll be no Bone Rank here.'' Hae stated and stood up, walking down the steps and she went to an isolated table.The Hwarangs all choose one table and stood by it, looking at cups in confusion.

Some of Hwarangs noticed Hae and scoffed, at why should a woman be amongst them, as an instructor.Hansung rolled his eyes at their behavior and gazed over Hae.

Hae, feeling someone's eyes on her turned her head and smiled once she saw that it was Hansung who was looking at her.Hansung grinned and waved slightly.

''Three drinks in a row! '' A man shouted.A guard hit the gong, indicating the first one.Hwarangs took a hold of a cup, Hae also following their actions.

''ONE! '' The man shouted.Hae brought the first cup to her lips and quickly drank from it.A burning feeling erupted in her throat but she endured it and quickly drank the other one, finishing the first row.

She looked over at others, most of them were in shock from such strong liquor. To Hae, the liquor that they gave them wasn't really strong.

She looked over at her brother and saw him drinking like it was nothing.She grinned, knowing that in West there were much stronger drinks. Ji Dwi looked over at his sister and smirked at her, which caused her to smile.

Hansung noticed the two's interaction and looked at his hands, thinking.Suddenly he felt something, he couldn't recognize.The feeling was strong and ushered him to look up and glare at Ji Dwi.

''TWO '' Assistant instructor's voice echoed and Hae drank from the second row of the cups.She looked at Hwarangs and noticed how plenty of them was barely standing.Only remaining persons that stood as normal people were Ji Dwi and herself.

Hae giggled once she saw Hansung, stumbling and talking to his cup.
''Do not move.Do not move. ''

Hae looked over at Master We Hwa who laughed at the scene before him.He looked over at her and smiled, even though he was shocked seeing her still standing.

''THREE! ''

Hae couldn't help but laugh out loud once she finished the last row, seeing all the Hwarangs grabbing the tables for support.

Ji Dwi looked over at her and she looked right back at him.The twins were having a silent conversation, with Ji Dwi raising his eyebrow at her standing like nothing happened which resulted in Hae to shrug.