TWENTY-SIX

↳chapter twenty-six:the rightful rulers

chapter twenty-six:
the rightful rulers

''She requested my presence? ''

Hae asked the General once again to which he responded with a nod.Hae took a big breath, wondering why would her mother request her presence a the tent.

''Alright, take me to her ''

The General nodded and started walking with Hae on his tail.As they walked Hae noticed Hansung wandering around the tents.She looked back at the General and stopped him.

Bolting towards Hansung, Hae called out for him.''Hansung! ''

Hansung turned around upon hearing his name being called and smiled once he Hae running towards him.He embraced her as soon as she came to him and she let out an airy giggle.

''You saw me a half an hour ago ''

''Still, I missed you,jagiya ''

''What are you doing? ''

''I am searching for Ji Dwi and Ban Ryu, have you seen them? ''

Hae shook her head and heard the General call for her.She smiled at Hansung and kissed his cheek before going back to the general.

🔱🔱🔱

Hae's eyes widened once she saw her twin brother in front of the tent.Ji Dwi turned around, hearing footsteps, and smiled seeing his sister in front of him.

''What are you doing here? '' Hae questioned him, nodding towards the tent, the general long gone inside.Hae suddenly remembered that their mother doesn't know about her knowing who Ji Dwi was.

''Eomma does not know that I know how you look like ''

She warned him and Ji Dwi nodded and replied to her question.''I have to talk to her ''Hae nodded and smiled.

The duo walked inside and was met by the sight of their mother in front of them with her eyes closed.Hae looked at Sam Maekjong who took a big breath, stepping forward.

''Was it your idea,eomma? ''

Ji-Soo opened her eyes and looked at her only son, her expression indifferent.Hae who stood by side, shielded by the shadows, finally stepped forward, now standing next to her brother.Their mother looked at them, side by side, their facial features very similar.

Hae saw her eyes widen a tad bit before going back to normal.Sam Maekjong spoke up once again.

'' Why did you send Sook Myung to Hwarang House?''

''The King and The Queen are in Hwarang House, why cannot the princess? ''

Hae narrowed eyes at her mother as she mentioned the Queen.Sam Maekjong glanced at his sister who looked quite perplexed.

''What do you mean 'The Queen and The King'? '' Hae inquired, stepping closer to her mother.Ji-Soo let out a laugh at her oblivious daughter.

''You are to rule alongside Sam Maekjong, for the two of you are the rightful heirs ''

''You are saying that the two of us are to rule side by side? '' Hae titled her head, trying to process the new information.

''Yes ''

Two siblings looked at each other, having an eye conversation.Hae noticed how stiff her twin was and put her hand on his shoulder, making him relax instantly.

''If you do not like Sook Myung being in Hwarang House, you may just leave yourself.A king who dances for people, same goes for you Hae '' Ji-Soo addressed the two, her voice cold and monotone.'' Do you plan to destroy the King's dignity? ''

''No one knows I am the King, so why does it matter? '' Sam Maekjong began.

''If you will not give us the throne, I cannot become the King and her... '' He nodded towards Hae, who was still in shock.''-cannot become the Queen ''

Hae didn't want to become the Queen.She didn't want the responsibility that comes with being a ruler.

Hae wanted a normal life, her only wish was to live in peace with the man she loved and to have a family of her own.Just like that, her dream of living a normal life was crushed by her mother's wishes.

''You asked why I sent Sook Myung.In lines with tradition, Sook Myung will become your bride.'' Ji-Soo announced, her eyes resting on her son before moving to Hae.

''As for you, I will let you be with the youngest Suk. ''

''Wae?How come I get to have my happy end and he does not?'' Hae spat, pointing at her twin.Ji-Soo glared at her and that was the moment when Hae knew.She knew that her relationship with her mother was ruined, completely.

''I cannot'' Sam Maekjong voiced. ''I will choose my own bride ''

''Do you still not get it? '' Ji-Soo countered.''What you want is irrelevant ''

That was the last straw.Hae grabbed her brother's wrist and dragged him along as the two hurried out.To say that she was angry was an understatement.

Hae was fuming with rage and her brother noticed that.He quickly brought her to hug and rested his chin on her head.

''It will be alright '' He muttered, not sure who was he trying to reassure, himself or her.Hae nodded and broke away from the hug, wiping stray tears that descended down her cheeks.

''The performance is soon. '' She mumbled, loud enough for Sam Maekjong to hear and the two left towards the Hwarang tent.