Three: Saving the Pack

Three: Saving The Pack

Ava

Time stood still, everyone froze as I looked back and forth between-I didn't even want to say it-the Alphas. I could feel the tender Bond beginning to snap together between the two and I, it didn't bond the two together, probably since thy were blood related. Then I felt the snap. Our minds connecting on a telepathic level. Stories say that all wolves can speak to each other through a telepathic link. Unfortunately, that was not true, it only happened between Mates.

Shift! One of them said to me, but I couldn't tell who. I answered with a tight-lipped growl.

If you don't, we'll kill the little ones. A darker voice said.

I'll kill you before you pounce. I snarled back, snapping my teeth to make my point. Father and Christian were behind them both, watching. They knew what was happening and the fear in their eyes made me want to cringe.

You know who we are right? One asked. By the tilt of the head, I'd say the white one said it.

Mate. The black one added sarcastically. They had slowly stepped closer to me, only a few feet away.

I used my tail to motion Janice towards Christian, who was close enough to get them to pass. Wolves and humans fought all around us, but too zoned into their battles to focus on us. There was a nip at my tail, telling me she understood. I braced myself.

3...

2...

1...

I pounced on the white one, while Father came from behind to the black one. The wolf and I tangled into ball of fur and I watched out of the corner of my eyes as Janice took off with the boys. Relief swam over me when they got to Christian and he lead them to safety, but the sound of my Father's yelp turned my focus away from my current battle. My eyes widened as I saw Father unconscious underneath the black wolf. A bite to my hind leg made me turn to find the white wolf's eyes smiling at me.

Turning away from a battle. Tsk tsk Mate. I growled and swiped my claws at his face, cutting his cheek deeply.

Overly cocky Alphas. Tsk tsk, boy. I snarled before turning and running to Father. The black wolf was about to close it's jaws around his neck. He was going to kill my father.

No! Stop! I was slammed to the side, my bitten shoulder digging into the ground, the pain spreading over my arm.

The white wolf stood above me dropping it's weight. I clawed and kicked. I looked over. His jaw closed. My Father was going to die.

No! Stop, please! But he wasn't listening. I wasn't able to wiggle my way out from the white wolf in my wolf form, so I shifted. I didn't care if I was naked or injured. All I knew was that I needed to protect my father and the pack's Alpha. Summoning my wolf's strength, I kicked the white wolf away. I stood quickly and ran after the black wolf. I slammed my good shoulder into his body, flinging him a meager ten feet away. I quickly shifted back and stood over my father. His breath was threaded, blood pooling out of him.

Big mistake female. The dark wolf growled as he stood.

Leave us alone! I yelled. They looked at each other for a moment then back at me.

Under one condition. The black one huffed.

What? I snapped.

We'll back our army out...for now, if you come with us, Mate.