Twenty-Three: Attacked

Emilio

I felt at peace as I woke up the next morning. Ava had come to moments after passing out in our office only to smile at us and give us each a life altering kiss. We had all left in the truck, leaving the sports car Elijah and I usually took at the office. She had curled into my shoulder while I drove, and twisted her legs around Elijah's, her hand rubbing my thigh. It had made my jeans extremely uncomfortable as her hand crept closer and closer to exactly where I wanted her to touch me. We barely made it home before I nearly tore her clothes off. I had quickly made my way to the house, Elijah carrying her on his back after she whined for a piggy back ride.

"Brat." He had muttered as he caved, and she climbed on him. I jumped into a freezing cold shower before I could cave into my desires. When I had come out she had wrapped herself around Elijah and I couldn't help but join in. She was so damn tempting in those heels that it made me wonder how she'd look with just those heels on and nothing else.

Unfortunately, just as Elijah was about to pull off her shirt and I was reaching up her skirt she came back to reality, blushing and stuttering adorably as usual. I had a hard time making myself calm down after that, considering my wolf side wanted to finish the Mating Bond more than it wanted to breathe.

Sitting here now with my arms wrapped around her like it was every morning I felt a giddiness I had never felt before. This woman was our one and only. Meant for us. And I had no regrets about it.

I felt Ava stirring beside me and she got up sleepily, heading to the bathroom. I heard the shower turn on and rubbed my eyes clear, Elijah following beside me. Time to get up.

We were watching Ava flip pancakes when Liana walked into the kitchen. She bowed to us then came up behind Ava to hug her tightly. Ava smiled and hugged her back.

"Good morning Miss Luna." She said as she sat at the island beside us. We smiled at her and waved, and she smiled back cheekily.

"Today I want you to do hand to hand combat with one of our soldiers." Ava said, and Liana's eyes widened in fear.

"A-are you sure, we've only been training for a week." She squeaked out. Ava nodded.

"Yes, you are ready, you've come very far, and quickly. You will do just fine." She said as she passed out plates. She put a fourth plate on the kitchen table just in time for Adrian to walk into the kitchen, his hair messy.

"I thought I smelt pancakes." He mumbled as he sat down.

"Thank you, Miss Luna." He said as our Mate patted his head endearingly before sitting across from him with her plate.

As we finished in silence Peter came bursting through the door, a file in his hands.

"Alphas, Luna, good morning." He said, his curly red hair bouncing.

"Good morning Peter, I know things have been rather chaotic, but how was your day with the pack?" Ava asked, genuinely interested. Peter smiled brightly.

"It was very interesting Miss Luna, thank you for asking, I just wanted to give the Alphas my reports." He said. I held out my hand and he gave it to me before bowing and leaving the room.

I filed through the papers.

"Damn." I said.

"What?" Elijah asked, and I handed him the file. He skimmed through it, eyes widening.