Thirteen: To Town And Back...And Back....And Back

Ava

Even after breakfast I still felt a tingling feeling inside my belly and I couldn't shake it off. My Mates and I had shared a moment of purely blissful pleasure and it had felt right. I had just finished changing when I heard a knock on the bathroom door.

"Coming." I called out as I made my way to the door. I opened it to find the Alphas standing there, Emilio holding up a set of keys.

"This is for the truck in the barn behind the house. The gas tank is full, we will send two guards with you, just for protection purposes and to watch the boy."

Elijah added "If that's not okay with you we understand, but it would make us a little less worried while we are at work in town."

I nodded, taking the keys. "That works fine, thank you for not trying to force it." I smiled as I pecked Emilio on the lips and then Elijah as I made my way through the room to the door.

"Wait." Elijah said. I turned to find him holding a black credit card.

"Here, don't worry about a spending limit, this card doesn't have one." I looked him in the eyes.

"No thanks." I said. His face froze in surprise.

"W-what do you mean no thanks?" he asked, I looked to Emilio who had the same confused look on his face. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my wallet.

"I have my own, thanks." I said before turning and leaving. Before the door closed I called out.

"Have a good day Mates of mine!"

Adrian, the guards, and I made it to the small town at the bottom of the mountains around noon. I parked the American made truck on a strip of parallel parking sidewalks. The sun warmed my skin as we began walking the small strip of clothing stores. I noticed a cute thrift store that I dragged Adrian into.

As we were scouring through the racks I kept peeking over at Adrian. His shoulders were stiff, like he wasn't comfortable.

"Relax kiddo, no body is going to attack you or recognize you." I said. I watched his body freeze for a moment before his body relaxed.

"Tell me about your Mate." I said. "What did she look like? Her personality?" he didn't respond for a moment.

"S-she was beautiful. She had short blond hair, straight and soft. Her face was slim, heart shaped and blemish free. She had dark blue eyes that always seemed to drown me every time I looked in them. Her skin was pale, almost like that princess. Flawless. Her body was petite, but she was strong." He sighed in wonder and I smiled. I leaned over and hugged him tightly.

"I know the feeling will never go away, but if you surround yourself with loved ones, it won't be as bad, at least that is what I have been told. You'll never be able to replace her, but you'll love someone else. Remembering her is okay, but don't let it consume you." I said as I patted him on the back.

"Miss," he turned and looked me in the eyes, a sadness in them. "I can't thank you enough for the kindness you have shown me. I-I owe you everything. Thank you." He said. I smiled.

"Don't thank me yet, we still have to get the pack to accept you fully. But I will do my best." I said as I handed him a handful of clothes.

"Now go try these on!" I said as I pushed him to the fitting room. I was working through racks of clothes for myself, the guards wandering around the shop, when I heard my phone ringing. I pulled it out of my pocket, the realization that I hadn't had service this entire time. The screen showed a private number. I answered it.