Nineteen: Ceremonies

Ava

I entered the house an hour later, clothes still in my teeth. I scratched at the door, unable to turn it. The knob turned, and the door opened. Adrian appeared in the door frame and his eyes widened for a second before he realized it was me.

"Hi." He smiled as he moved to the side. I ducked my head and walked through the door. The sound of footsteps on the stairs caught my attention as I looked up. Both of my Mates stood there, a relieved look on their faces. I walked to them and rubbed my snout into Elijah's chest. His hand rubbed the top of my head between my ears and I huffed out my approval. I turned then and licked Emilio's cheek. He smiled.

"Ew." He said as he wiped his face and I gave him a toothy grin. His hand rubbed my side and I sat, enjoying the petting I was receiving.

"C-can I pet her?" I heard Adrian ask. Elijah looked like he was about to say no but I turned and crawled to him, my belly dragging across the floor. He looked at me before lifting his hand and setting it on my head.

"I've never seen such a large she-wolf before. I hadn't realized how large you were in the forest. Such pretty fur too." He said. My tail wagged back and forth at the praise. Then I felt a tug on my tail. I yelped and turned. Emilio and Elijah stood there, pointing at each other.

"He did it." They said simultaneously. I growled playfully at them before picking up my dropped clothes and heading up the stairs.

When I reached the room, I saw the door was already open and walked in, closing it behind me. I shifted and hopped in the shower, letting the warm water cascade down my body, the tense muscle loosening but still careful of my almost healed back wound. I was going to have to tell both what I did for a living. But not tonight. I wasn't ready to deal with that just yet. I sighed as I finished cleaning myself up and dried off. When I opened the bathroom door my Mates weren't in the room yet.

I quickly dressed in my normal pajamas and headed to the bed ready to get some rest.

I'm going to bed now. I projected to the both of them as I hid underneath the blankets. The sound of running footsteps caught my attention as they burst through the door. Clothes flew as they dove to their sides of the bed. I laughed at the speed with which they reached me.

"Hi." I said, giving them both pecks on the cheek before snuggling back into bed.

"Love," Emilio began to speak, "We wanted to do the acceptance ceremony for both you and Adrian tomorrow. How does that sound?" He asked, and I smiled.

"Sounds good!" I said happily as I curled into his chest, my legs tangling with Elijah's.

"Goodnight." I yawned as sleep took over.

Emilio

The pack had set everything up already, as a surprise for her when she woke up. Liana and Adrian were both cooking breakfast, a surprise idea from the both of them. I had been awake for an hour, listening the them shuffle around, pots and pans clacking as they laughed and joked. I laid in bed, Ava's legs tangled with mine, her head on Elijah's chest. The house had a warmth to it that had never been there before. I felt comfortable now, my chest no longer heavy as I laid there. I felt like there wasn't a worry in the world.

Ava stretched then, her smooth legs rubbing against mine. She kissed Elijah's cheek before turning her head to me.

"Good morning." She smiled before giving me a small kiss before pulling herself out of the covers and walking to the bathroom. As I watched her I knew that as long as we had her, our days would just get better and brighter than each day before it.