Sixteen: Worried Wolves

Elijah

"Shit, shit, shit, what do we do?" I panicked as I looked at Emilio. He looked just as freaked out which wasn't going to get us anywhere.

"Get her to the couch." Adrian said. "Lial, get a doctor. Jerry, get the first aid kit." The guards took off quickly, Lial slamming the door behind him. I looked to Emilio.

"You get her legs, I'll get her arms." Emilio nodded and together we carried her to the couch, gently setting her down on her stomach. Adrian came up beside her, sitting on the coffee table. He rolled his sleeves up and reached out to touch Ava's back. I growled involuntarily, my wolf on the verge of taking over and going back to the jail to kill that wolf.

"Don't worry, I don't want to hurt her, I had some basic medical training before my pack kicked me out. I can help until the doctor gets here. Let me help her." He said.

"Hurry!" Emilio barked out, making Adrian jump. He quickly but gently moved her hair out of the way.

"I'm going to be sick." The guard that was bringing the first aid kit down said. He promptly handed the kit to Adrian before turned and running to the downstairs restroom. For a moment I thought I would follow him.

Her back looked like hamburger meat. Three jagged slashes marred her once beautiful skin so badly I could nearly see her spine.

"I'm gunna kill him." Emilio snarled. He turned to leave.

"You know she wouldn't want you to do that." I said. He froze, his shoulders heaving up and down as he battled with his wolf.

"We'll deal with him when we know she's okay." I said. He stood there, until the door burst open and one of our doctors came in with wide eyes. Adrian was gently dabbing the wounds with warm clean water. The doctor came up beside Ava, an older woman with graying hair named Beatrice, and cursed.

"Sweet God, I heard about what happened through some of the warriors, but I didn't realize it was this bad." She said as she set her bag down and fished out supplies.

"Her wolf should help her heal rather quickly, but we need to initial the repair process." She said as she put gloves on and tied needle and thread together. She looked at Adrian.

"Young man, you have training?" she asked.

"Some." He said.

"That's all I need, you can help with the process."

Then she set to work fixing our Mate, all the while Emilio stood in the corner, his silence making me worry.

Ava

There was way too much noise surrounding me.

"Is she okay?"

Knock, knock.

"What?" I recognized Elijah's annoyed voice.

"We made her casserole." A semi- familiar voice said.

"Thank you, Carol, because casserole is going to fix her." Elijah again. The door slammed.

Knock, knock.

"For the love of God what?" Elijah.

"For her." Another voice. Slammed door.

Knock, kn-.