Twelve: Breakfast Is Ready

Emilio

She passed out with a smile on her face, holding our hands.

"She's happy." I muttered as I looked at Elijah.

"We made our Mate happy." He smiled as he laid down beside her. I followed suit and we wrapped our arms around her. We weren't kidding when we said we weren't going to attack them anymore, and that small thing made her fall asleep with a smile on her face. I wondered what we could do to keep that smile.

I closed my eyes and for the first time fell asleep in peace.

I woke up to a tug on my arm and lack of warmth beside me. I looked up in time to see the bedroom door close. I looked over. Ava wasn't in bed anymore. What was she doing? Elijah was dead asleep still and I decided to let him sleep in peace while I investigated why she left us. I quickly and quietly got up and left the room, closing the door behind me.

I followed her scent through the house and it lead me to the kitchen. I heard her shuffling around and the occasional clash of plates and pans. I looked inside to see her packing two bags of food and filling up two bottles with juice. What was she doing?

A thought occurred to me then. Two bags of food. Was she going to run away with the Rogue? The thought sent a piercing rage throughout my entire being while an empty sadness consumed it. Why would she be doing this? She said she wouldn't. She promised.

She started walking towards the kitchen door and I slid around the corner, watching her. She began walking in he same direction as the boy's room. Anger rose again. How could she lie? I was just about to reach out to her and grab her when she started talking in a whisper.

"Hey Lial." she spoke to the guard. He turned his head and bowed.

"Miss Luna, what makes you come by so late?" he asked her. She held out a baggy and a bottle.

"This is for you. Eat up. I know how much it sucks doing a full night watch." She smiled then and I felt almost jealous that she hadn't smiled that sweetly at me yet. The guard smiled back.

"Thank you, Miss Luna." He bowed once more as he set to work on the food. She turned, and I hid in the shadows quickly. She passed by me and headed out the door.

Where was she going now? I followed her as she rounded the house. She came around the house to the wolf sitting guard underneath the boy's window. His ears perked up at the sound of her footsteps.

"Hi, unfortunately I haven't gotten your name yet, but I brought you some food and drinks." She said as she sat beside him, leaning her back against the wall. She pulled various things out of the bag, including a plastic bowl. She opened the bottle, pouring it into the bowl and setting it by the wolf's head. He sniffed it, then began lapping it up. She then pulled out the food, of which I couldn't see, and put it in a separate bowl. The wolf leaned over and started chowing down.

"Easy there, you might choke." She chuckled. The wolf leaned up and licked her face. She laughed.

"Eeeew, you got potato on my face!" she said as she rubbed her face in the wolf's fur. The wolf's mouth opened into a toothy grin, his tongue falling out. I almost laughed at their interaction. When he finished eating, she took the bowls and shoved it into the bag. She reached over and patted him on the head caringly.

"Have a good night." She said as she stood and headed back to the house. I quickly back tracked and made it to the room silently. I had just laid down in bed when the sound of the door opening came.

The feeling of her climbing back into bed brought a warmth to my chest. I felt Elijah move back to her, wrapping an arm around her waist. I followed suit, wrapping mine around her stomach.

"You're not as quiet as you think." I tensed as I heard her whisper to me.

"Don't trust me?" she asked.

"Wasn't lack of trust, simple curiosity. I wondered why you were leaving and so I followed you. I wasn't sure what you were doing so I watched you." I heard her giggle.

"Stalker." She whispered, as I felt her arm lay across my chest. I felt a tightness in my chest then, as the realization of what I had finally sunk in.

I was so damn lucky.

Ava

I woke up early the next morning, a lightness in my step. I reached the kitchen and started making breakfast. The Alphas weren't far behind me, sitting down while I flipped the pancakes.

"You cook a lot." Elijah said. I nodded.

"Yes, I do, I find it relaxing." I said as I looked over at them. Such handsome men, and they had so much potential to be better than their pack's rumors. I scooped the last pancake onto the plate and found myself setting down the spatula and walking around the island. They watched me, without saying a word as I stopped between the both of them. I turned to Elijah, leaned down and kissed him on the cheek, his facial hair tickling my cheek, then I turned to Emilio and did the same, but his skin was smooth underneath my lips.

"You guys didn't try anything last night. Thank you." I smiled as I stepped to go back to the stove. I was stopped with a hand wrapped around my waist. I turned to find Elijah was the one holding me. He smiled slyly.

"The cheek? Come on, you can do better." I felt my face burn hot. Kiss them...on the lips? I looked at his lips. They were full and pink, the bottom fuller than the top. I found myself biting my lip. Did I want to kiss them? I looked at Emilio who sat right next to him, and eyebrow raised in curiosity. The answer to that was yes, but the mere thought made my body feel shaky and hot. I bit my lip, and I watched Elijah's eyes focus on that. He stood then, his hand braced on my cheek as I had to look up at him.

"Damn, please say yes. Just a quick peck." He asked. His body was shaking, his eyes shifting between black and piercing blue. His wolf was trying to take control, but he was holding it back, straining against himself for my sake. So, I nodded. The shock in his eyes was evident, but that didn't stop him from gripping my face and crushing his lips to mine. Tingles speared my body as his lips pressed to mine. I felt his beard scratch my cheeks again and I couldn't even think straight as I felt a yank on my arm turning me. I caught a mere glimpse of Emilio's green eyes before his hands speared into my hair and pulled my lips to his.

I was on fire, my body vibrating as a moan escaped me. Both of their lips played their own different ways across mine, but the feeling was all the same. If a kiss made me feel this good, I could only imagine what other things with them would feel like when the time came.

"Ah! Sorry!" I broke away from Emilio quickly, only to bump into Elijah as we all looked over to find Adrian standing there with his eyes covered.

"Damn." Emilio and Elijah both said as I went back to the stove, my face on fire for another reason now.

"B-breakfast is ready." Was all I could say.

-------------

Okie doookkkiieeeee, this chapter was a little shorter buuuuuuutttttt I already have the next chapter planned. 

There was a little more Mate like interaction in this chapter as you can see.

What did you think?

J. Vas