Four: Their Mate

Four: Their Mate

Elijah

That was more than five minutes. I growled at the woman who was my brother and I's Mate. The only reason her father wasn't dead right now was because both my brother Emilio and I were extremely shocked that we had a Mate. And that she was both ours. There had never been a case in history for a wolf to have two mates, or for twins to have a single mate. It was baffling, and that was why we called off our wolves.

"I'm leaving my home, my family, and my pack. Screw off." She snipped back at me. I growled softly. She was a stubborn wolf. And strong.

Even in her human form she was able to knock me and Emilio aside. That took power, and it radiated off her and her wolf. Her beautiful, massive, silver wolf. It had been a shock to see her shift, nearly the size of our wolves. Not many she-wolves would get as tall as six feet maybe.

I looked over at Emilio, his white face covered in blood from the three jagged slashes from her claws. He didn't seem too pleased but at the same time, he wasn't as brooding as he had been before we had set out to take over the Lupis Pack's land.

I realized for a moment that I felt a sort of lightness in my chest. My brother and I had been forced to grow, believing we would never have a mate, that it was impossible. Our father had been a cruel bastard, ruthlessly training us to be mindless killers. And we had been, our strength multiplying over the years as we grew up. But the day had come where our wolves refused to take his cruelness any longer.

Since then, our only goal in life was to take over as much land, and expand our pack as far as we could, no matter the method. The Lupis Pack land had been our pack's main target for decades, their resources were large, but barely used. Our pack would make better use of it and our only method left was to take it by force, and yesterday had been the day we attacked. Neither Emilio nor I had been prepared for this outcome however. Our Mate had been a handful of miles away from us all our lives and I wasn't sure how that changed things.

As we walked I looked down at said Mate, her long chestnut hair blew in the morning wind, the sun shining it off it, making it seem lighter. She was small, maybe five feet five inches, compared to us. Her face was petite, heart shaped. I couldn't see her face though and with all of the conflict it seemed I hadn't gotten a good look at her since seeing her wolf.

We came to the clearing between the borders of our lands an hour later. There were all kinds of wild flowers growing, the colorful array too bright for my liking. She paused then, then looked back at the direction we came from. We paused and looked back at her.

"I'll never understand why death had to happen. I'll never understand the cruelty. Beneath us lies those your pack has killed, just to take over our land. This flower bed was created to make beauty and life from death and decay. But you wouldn't understand that, would you, Alphas? You only selfishly take, then use until there is nothing left." She looked back then, and in that moment, she shined brighter than the sun. Now that I could see her face, I had no words. Her lips were full, a plump pink color, her nose was small, slightly upturned, but her eyes are what caught my attention. I glanced at my brother, and he glanced back, his shock evident.

Her eyes were different colors, the left a piercing blue, and the right one, and emerald green. Her fierce expression softened as she crouched down and plucked a flower, a yellow daisy. I didn't want to wait much longer to get her to the Alpha house.

Let's go. I snapped at her, and she stiffened. She lifted her gaze and glared at me, challenging me. I felt my anger rising. I didn't like being challenged. I walked up to her and came face to face with her. I lifted my upper lip, growling at her. Then she did something extremely unexpected.

I felt the sting first, realizing she had smacked me on the snout I was stunned, then she pointed her finger at me.

"Bad wolf." She scolded me, and I pulled away from her.

Did you just-

"Yes, you want to act like an immature, temperamental pup in training then I'll treat you like one." She continued walking, without waiting and for a second, I stood there, utterly lost for words.

I looked at my brother, and he seemed to be laughing at me. I snarled at him, then followed behind our mate.

"My name is Ava Blaine, yours?" she said, and I realized Emilio had asked her.

"Emilio Amanti, Italian right?" Emilio nodded. She looked at me then.

"And you Mr. Angry?" she raised a brow at me.

Elijah Amanti. I replied briefly. She nodded.

"How much longer until we reach your pack?"

A few more hours. I responded.

The rest of the trip was silent, until the moment we crossed the forest boundaries. After that, all hell broke out.

-----------------

Okay, this one was a little bit shorter, however I still like it, I'm really rolling on this one.

Please vote or comment, tell me what you think! I love all of your feed back.

Thank you for reading!

J. Vas