Twenty: Family Reunion

Ava

The celebration went down without a hitch and I found myself talking to almost every pack member. By the time the party was over it was late, and most of the pack members had gone home. Adrian and I started cleaning with the rest of the remaining pack members when I felt their presence behind me. I turned to find my Alpha Mates standing there, a sleepiness in their eyes.

"Love, let the pack clean up, it's late and the celebration was for you guys." Emilio said.

"Are you sure?" I asked, feeling a little tired myself. They held out their hands and I took both in each hand.

"Yes Sweetheart," Elijah replied gently, "Let's get some rest." He said as we began walking to the pack house. I figured now would be good a time as any.

"So, um, I was wondering..." I trailed off, it was a lot to ask, considering the years of previous animosity between both packs.

"Yes, Love?" Emilio prodded.

"Well, it'll be good for our packs, but um, you see my mom wants to meet you guys properly, and I was hoping that since we aren't doing anything tomorrow we could maybe, go to my old pack and see them?" I asked, worried they would grumpily say no.

"It would be good to reconcile, after all, the only reason we ever attacked was due to false stories and wrongful anger." Elijah said.

"That is true, however we don't have a Beta, so who would be in charge?" Emilio asked. I smiled as an idea came to me.

"What if we put Peter in charge? He's one of my top candidate choices for a Beta, it would be a good test for him." I said cheerily. Elijah nodded.

"That could work." Emilio said.

"Great then we'll get up early tomorrow and make our way over to the Lupis Pack lands." I said as we made our way to our bedroom and settled in for the night.

The next morning Elijah had pulled Peter aside to break down to him exactly what was expected in his absences and that he wanted full reports of training and pack border activity. Peter seemed overly excited with the opportunity, but I could see the nervousness on his face. I gave him a thumb's up as I started to get into the back seat of the truck, only to be yanked back by my hips. I squealed as I turned to find Emilio standing there.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I-I was getting into the truck." I mumbled.

"You never have to seat behind us, there is plenty of space in the front."

"O-Okay." I said as I climbed into the front middle seat. Elijah hopped into the driver's side, Emilio to my right, and then we headed out. On the way there I could feel their nervous energy.

"Are you guys okay?" I asked, my hands on their legs, gently rubbing.

"Just um, never had people want to meet us before." Elijah said as he slowed to take a turn.

"Yeah so we are in uncharted territory." Emilio agreed as his leg bounced.

"You'll do just fine. Just think about it this way, it's a bunch of me's." I said as I laughed. They frowned.

"That doesn't make me feel any better." Emilio said. I fake gasped and pinched his leg.

"Ouch!" He cried out.