Twenty-One: Work

Twenty-One: Work

Ava

"So, they haven't marked you yet." Janice stated as we sat on the porch steps. We had all transitioned from the foyer to the front yard. Pack members had come up to me welcoming me, and though leery of my Mates they were still civil after learning of their apologies and regrets. Speaking of said Mates, they were both still with my brother and father, and they were being shown more grilling techniques. They seemed content as the sipped on their beers and laughed at something my brother said.

"No, they haven't." I said.

"When are you going to let them?" My mother asked.

"Uh, I-I don't know. We're still getting to know each other." I said, feeling my face heat up at the thought of letting them Mark me.

"Oh, Honey, your father Marked me the day after we met, a week later your brother was growing in my belly." My mom said fondly. Janice and I looked at each other, gagging at the same time.

"Too much information Momma, ew." I said as I cringed. It'd been almost a week since I had moved to the Ash Pack and I felt like it had been so much longer with everything that had happened in that time.

"In truth, I let Christian Mark me about a week in." Janice said, rubbing the scar on her neck fondly.

"Gross, please no, I can't hear anymore, I'm going to barf." I said as I stood and made my way over to the guys. I crept up behind Emilio while Elijah and Christian seeing me walking like a T-Rex. Elijah put his hand over his mouth to keep from laughing as Christian discreetly scooted to the side, out of hitting range. I stood directly behind Emilio and Dad saw me out of the corner of his eyes.

"Poor kid." He muttered.

"Who?" Emilio asked but I launched myself at him then.

"Ack!" He cried out as my body hit his back. He fell towards the ground then, catching himself before his face hit the ground. I stood and triumphantly braced my hands on my hips, lifted my head and deepened my voice.

"I Ava Blaine, have mastered a twin Alpha, muahaha, shit!" I turned and ran as Emilio shifted into his bright white wolf and started chasing me around the yard. I laughed as I ran around like a maniac, Lupis Pack members watching with delight. Some of the pups shifted and joined in the chase. I felt a little fur ball get under my feet and trip me. I fell and turned laughing as Emilio stood over me, his white wolf smiling in victory. I smiled innocently and waved.

"Hi." I said as he leaned down and licked my face.

"Ew, gross! Wolf breath. Get off me!" I cried out. Emilio yelped and turned suddenly only to find a wolf pup hanging from his tail. The deep baritone of Elijah's laugh sounded beside us and I turned to Elijah who now pointed at Emilio.

"Now you know what it's like!" he laughed, his gruff face red from laughter. Emilio glared at him.

"I got this." I whispered to Emilio and he just looked at me. I looked at the pups and pointed to Elijah.

"Go get him!" I cried out and then ten pups charged the laughing man.

"Dear God, no!" Elijah yelled, turning to try to run but the pups pounced then.

Game over.

"Bye Sweet Pea." Dad said as he hugged me good-bye, kissing the top of my head.

"Bye Dad." I said as the Alphas shook hands with the guys and hugged the women.

"Thank you for having us." Emilio smiled, "And thanks for the sweats and shirt." He added, slightly embarrassed.