Seven: A Room Won't Be Necessary

Seven: A Room Won't be Necessary

Emilio

I still couldn't breathe.

"Sweet Jesus, I think she sent my nuts up to my throat." Elijah groaned as he tried to stand, grabbing his junk and looking like his pride was wounded. To be fair mine was too. It took a lot of power to send us to our knees and our Mate had done it in mere seconds. I stood back up then and made eye contact with Elijah.

"I'm kind of mad, but kind of turned on." I said honestly. He looked at me and nodded.

"Same." He said and chuckled, "Fuck, she's a handful." He said as he looked back the stove and opened the oven.

"Maybe that's why we just got one Mate." I said as I grabbed a couple of plates. We loaded the barbequed chicken and pasta onto our plates, then sat back on the island. We proceeded to eat in silence, stuck in our own thoughts. My thoughts went back to our Mate. I wondered why her eyes matched ours exactly, and I wondered how she was as strong as she was. I wondered about her passive nature, letting it slide that a wolf challenged and attacked her. I thought of her resting her head against my pack member's and felt my throat try to growl, even though my vocal cords were merely human's now.

"Thinking about her huh?" Elijah asked. I merely grunted my response and took my empty plate to the sink. Then a thought came to me.

"Hey, I know your balls were crushed and I was dying of damn near collapsed lungs, but, what did she say before she left?" I asked Elijah.

"Uhh, something like 'Your dinner is done, I was hungry, but lost my appetite. I'm going to go search for a room to stay in while I slowly wither away and then die from being your Mate. Toodles.'" He said like he was reciting a scene from a movie. He had an amazing memory.

"What did she mean by..." I drifted off, thinking of what that meant. We looked at each other for a moment before we took off out of the kitchen to find our Mate and a house of bedrooms.

Ava

I had found a room at the end of the house on the second floor. It was empty but had a bed with a fluffy blanket on it. I didn't realize how tired I was until I looked at that bed. I sighed and closed the door, locking it behind me. I came up to the bed, kicked off my shoes, and fell into the bed. I swear I was asleep before my head hit the pillows.

It was dark, the moon hanging low in the sky. I didn't know where I was, but I was scared. All around me were trees so thick I couldn't see into the forest. I panicked, I knew something was wrong, I felt it in my gut.

"Hello? Hello!" I called out. But all I got was my voice echoing back at me. Then I smelt the smoke. What followed were the sound of screams that may very well haunt me forever. I turned, seeing the smoke above the trees. I started running in that direction, ignoring the stinging pain as branches whipped my skin.

"You'll never make it." A whispered voice said, but no one was around.

"I have to." I choked out as I sprinted the fastest I ever have through the last clearing of trees.

"No, no, no, no." I repeated to myself as I felt my legs give in. My knees collided with the, now cool, black earth. Before my eyes lay every one of my pack members, lifeless and laying there.

My father and mother lay next to each other, hands outstretched. They had taken their last breaths together. I looked over to where Christian lay, still in wolf form, blood coming out of his mouth, tongue resting on the ground. Janice lay by Gray, the wolf in charge of protecting the Luna at all costs. Both of them had their throats ripped out. Some of the bodies were burned, having been dead before the fire was set. I heard a sob, and my blood went ice cold.