Twenty-Seven: Rage

Twenty-Seven: Rage

Ava

I woke up to the feel of Mates touching me lovingly. I stretched, a delicious soreness in body. I opened my eyes to find them both leaning up on their elbows, looking down at me. I smiled as I leaned up to kiss them both gently.

"Good evening my loves." I said, and their eyes widened.

"Love?" Elijah asked, his Adam's apple bobbing up and down.
"You love us? Truly?" Emilio asked, his eyes turning red, a shine that only tears brought in them.

"Well of course I do." I said. There was a long pause before they both crushed me, attacking me with their love.

"We love you too!" Elijah said as he kissed my cheek.

"We do. More than anything." Emilio said, pecking my lips. I laughed in the dark of the night as my Mates and I enjoyed our own company. I had turned, laying on my stomach as I faced my Mates who lay on their back now.

"I won." I said as I looked out the window. They both looked confused.

"What do you mean Love?" Emilio asked, his fingers brushing my cheeks.

"You said that by the full moon you would have me begging for you." I said.

"And beg you did. Or shall I remind you 'please.'" Elijah said with a cocky smirk. I pointed out the window and they tilted their heads up to look through the shades.

"Well damn." Emilio said. It had now been two days after the full moon.

"I win." I repeated and this time they chuckled, conceding.

I felt an odd pulse in my stomach for a moment and paused. No way.

"Everything okay Sweetheart?" Elijah asked.

"Yes, just a cramp I think." I said even though I wasn't so sure. Was it possible? So quickly?

"Are you s-" but the pounding on our bedroom door cut him off and they both stood. Emilio stayed beside me as Elijah put on his boxers and went to the door. He opened it.

"Alpha!" Adrian's voice floated through the door.

"What is it?" Elijah said.

"Alpha, the Hunter, Mikayla has returned. She is badly injured!" I stood immediately, dressing as fast as my Mates.

I left the room and flew downstairs to find my friend sitting on the hardwood floor, blood pouring out of her shoulder, clothes torn everywhere. I knelt beside her, cradling her arm.

"I need the First Aid kit and a bowl with hot water and clean towel, now!" Adrian turned and ran towards the kitchen and I turned back to Mikayla.

"What happened?" I asked as I tried to assess the damage done to her. Her mask was still in place, barely, hopefully they hadn't seen her face. Her eyes were droopy, tired from the blood loss more than likely. Her blond hair was no longer in it's originally neat ponytail, instead it was frayed and tangled with leaves stuck in it.

"H-he was ready. It was McElroy for sure. He's hiding not too far from pack borders. In an abandoned barn." Adrian came in then, opening the kit for me. He set the water aside and I turned to my Mates.

"Men need to leave the room, I need to take her clothes off. And get a doctor, I only have basic medical training for my job." They quickly walked out the front door, the closest door to us now. I grabbed the scissors from the kit and sliced through her already tattered shirt. I gasped at the amount of puncture wounds and claw marks marring her body.