Seventeen: A Good Morning

Emilio

My wolf wasn't satisfied with beating McElroy. No that wasn't it. If I were being truthful, I wasn't satisfied with beating the insignificant pest. I wanted to kill him for attacking our Mate, the one person that made me feel somehow okay and at peace again. He had injured our strong Mate so badly she had passed out. The doctor had been baffled that she had walked from the forest all the way to the pack house. While she had sewed Ava's back wounds closed I could see the worry on her face, like she wouldn't heal, but she had woken merely hours later, walking.

When she had said she had been through worse, my blood had run cold, and I thought my wolf was going to take the reigns completely. But her sweet voice brought me back to sanity and I was able to stop myself from killing the mongrel. Ava's banishment seemed to satisfy Elijah as he dragged the wolf to the forest's edge. Elijah dropped the wolf into the guard's hands and spoke with then for a moment before turning and heading to me.
"You okay?" He asked but I shook my head. He sighed.
"Yeah me neither, but this is what she wanted." I nodded.
"Yeah." I responded as we began the trudge through pack grounds. We reached the house to find Adrian sitting the stairs. He quickly stood and bowed before looking back up.
"How is she?" I asked.
"She has gone to her room for the night. Also, she told me that you have decided to accept me into the pack?" He asked, seemingly unsure.
"We did." Elijah said, and I could see he wanted this conversation to end quickly so he could get back to our Mate. I felt the same way.
"However, you will be watched, and mark my words, if any harm comes to her, you will be put to death. I have no more patience for those that attack our Mate." I snarled at him. His eyes widened in fear as he turned pale.
"O-of course not Sir! I wouldn't think of harming her. She has been nothing but kind to me. I owe her my life." He said.
"Good." Elijah huffed out as we walked around him and into the house.
"Goodnight Alphas." We heard as we made our way up the stairs.
We entered our room to find Ava was already asleep, laying on her stomach, the slit in her shirt leaving her back bare. The skin was pulled together with thread, the blood cleaned, but the image of how it was hours before wouldn't leave my mind. I felt a hand on my shoulder and looked to Elijah.
"She is okay now." He said.
"I know, but I can't stop imagining..."
"The possibility of her dying." He finished when I couldn't. I merely nodded my agreement.
"What...what are we going to do if the stories are true and she dies because of us?" I asked, my chest tightening painfully at the thought of her dying before us.
"I-I don't know...I don't think...I don't think I could handle it." Elijah's honest response caught me off guard. We had survived hours of torture, being burned, whipped, and mamed, but I too, did not think I would be able to survive if we lost her.
That moment Ava shifted in her sleep, her right arm reaching over to the side of the bed where I slept, only to find empty sheets. Then her left arm reached out to where Elijah usually slept, nothing. I heard her whimper then and she turned in the bed, curling into herself.
"Look at that," Elijah started, "she misses us." He chuckled as he stripped to his boxers and headed to his side of the bed. I quickly followed, needing to touch my Mate. We wrapped our arms around her as we had since she got here and her whimpering subsided. I kissed the top of her head and laid down, holding my Mate as I fell asleep with a sense of peace I could only find with her.

Ava

I woke up the next morning, only feeling a slight pulse in my back. That meant my back was healing rather nicely. I felt a rubbing sensation on my hip and the sound of the shower running caught my attention. I opened my eyes to find Emilio's emerald green eyes staring back into mine. I smiled and leaned up to give him a quick peck on the lips.

"Good morning." I said. His eyes softened, and his lips tilted upwards.

"Good morning." He responded as his hand moved from my hip to my chin, angling my head up to him. Our eyes locked and for a second it felt like he was staring into my soul, before he slanted his lips over mine. I pulled back.

"Emilio, I have morning breath." I said but he gripped my chin tighter and brought my lips back to his.

"I don't give a damn about that." He said before kissing me once more. My toes curled instantly as his tongue touched mine. I raised my hand hesitantly and rested it on his shoulder, the muscle tightening with my touch. I felt his hand glide down my cheek to my neck, down my side and around my hip. His hand gripped my bottom tightly and I moaned as the feeling.

"Damn." Emilio muttered before his hand came back to my chin, tilting my head to the side. His lips left mine and roamed down my throat. I gasped at the sharp nip then the warm, wet tongue that ran over it a second later.

"Ava, sweet, sweet Ava. So tempting." His hand kneaded my bottom as he nipped and sucked my neck. The sound of a bathroom door opening made me jumped. Emilio threw his head back and groaned.

"Damn it. Thought I had more time." He said as he winked at me and headed to the bathroom where Elijah had just stepped out of. I looked at Elijah then and felt heat pool low in belly. He wore only a towel around his waist, his chest and stomach bare. Water dripped from his soaked hair, down his chiseled chest, between his abs, and disappeared under the fluffy gray towel. I felt my breathing increase, coming out in harsh breaths.

I watched Elijah's lips tilt up into a smirk.

"You like what you see?" he asked. I just nodded in response, absentminded to his question. He froze for a moment at the honest answer I gave him, and then suddenly he was in front of me. He leaned down, grabbed me by my hips and lifted me. I squealed as my legs wrapped around his waist to keep from falling. I looked Elijah in the eyes, his piercing baby blues shining with mischief. I felt a giddy excitement in my stomach as he looked at my lips. I involuntarily bit my bottom lip and he groaned before leaning in kissing me.

The roughness of his lips sent a fire to my belly and tingles down my body. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned into the kiss, enjoying the feel of his hard body against mine. His hands gripped my bottom, squeezing as he pulled me even closer to him if that was possible. My hand ran through his hair as my other gripped his shoulder. Our tongues danced together, and I felt as though my body was melting I was so hot.

Suddenly Elijah pulled away, his eyes pitch black. I tried to pull him back to me ,but he stood his ground as he panted heavily.

"Sweetheart, I want to continue this, but I will Mark you if we keep it too much longer." He said. For a moment I didn't mind it, and I was about to pull him back to me, but then sanity reached me then, and I nodded, feeling my face heat in embarrassment at what I was thinking.

"Y-Yeah." I said as I looked down.

"U-um, can you let me d-down please?" I asked. He nodded and set me on the floor gently. That's when I noticed that his towel wasn't flat anymore. I squealed and covered my eyes. Elijah's laughter filled the room.

"Oh, sweet Ava. There is so much we have to introduce you to."

--------------------

A little more Mate like intimacy oo-la-la LOL. Okay so I already have the next chapter in my head and hope to update it tomorrow around the same time maybe. Until then, what did you think? More of a romantic progression this chapter eh?

And GO!!

J. Vas