|10|

10 ~ her path ( 2/2 )

3rd Person

The room was dark, cold.  Talia sat up with her knees pulled to her chest as she stared at the windows that had metal bars attached to it.  Her eyes then went towards her wrist which had the magic band that took her powers away.  After the Emperor or her 'husband' killed her unborn child, Talia was sent to the jail cells for her betrayal towards him. 

Talia's hands went to her stomach, tears forming in her eyes.  Suddenly the door opened, revealing the monster himself.  "I hope you learned your lesson."

Talia smiled, chuckling.  "My lesson?  I didn't do anything wrong..."

"You cheated on me!" He shouted.  "I was forced into this marriage, I didn't want to marry you!  The stupid council made this decision, not me!" She shouted back. 

"That doesn't matter! You made a vow to love me but you betrayed that so you must be imprisoned for it." He said.  "Think of yourself lucky, most people that make me mad don't get to live."  He then left the room, leaving a glaring Talia.

-

A few hours has passed and the whole time Talia just stared out the barred window, anger building up inside her.  Her anger towards the Emperor, towards the council who forced her in this marriage.

Suddenly she turned around, a smile appearing on her face as her old friend Adrian Black walked in.  She immediately ran into his arms, "Hey, how are you holding up?" He asked. 

She pulled away from the hug.  "Horrible, I hate it here.  This place is a prison even before I actually got locked up in the prison."

He placed his hands on her shoulders to calm her down. "There has to be a way for you to get out of this." Talia was about to speak but then she noticed a mirror that was attached to the wall. She quickly picked a pebble from the ground and threw it at the mirror, shattering it to pieces. She then faced Adrian, "There is a object that will get me out of this and I need your help?"

"Do you have a pen and paper?" She asked. With a wave of his hand, the materials appeared. Talia then wrote down what she needed and gave it to Adrian. He read it and looked at her confused, "What do you need this for?"

She smiled at him. "To kill my husband...." He nodded his head and left the cell. After half an hour Adrian returned with a pouch in his hand. He handed it to Talia in which she poured the object into her hand, a smile instantly going to her face. "This will change everything."

She gripped the object, causing the magical wristbands to suddenly disintegrate. "Now it's time to have a visit with my husband."

The two walked to the throne room, three guards tried to arrest Talia but she pushed the object forward, white magical spheres coming out of the guards' mouths, representing their magic which got sucked into the object.

Adrian pushed the large double doors open, revealing the man that killed Talia's unborn child. "So you're free now? You've killed my guards. Are you here to kill me?" He asked, not surprised at all.

Talia smiled, "Yes I am." A smirked appeared on the Emperor's face. "I am the greatest sorcerer this world has ever seen. You think you can kill me?"

The young witch shook her head. "No I can't" she then lifted the object up, her husband's eyes widen. "but this can."

"That's the artifact that you found in Beacon Hills." He stated. "Yes it is. I remember you told me that it can steal the powers of hundreds of witches and sorcerers at once. So I was wondering what it could do to YOU!" She glared as she squeezed the artifact then pushed it forward, a stream of orange magic going from the artifact towards her husband.