|22|

22 ~ the return of something magical
(Read my author's note on the bottom of the chapter please!)

Talia Baccari

I clenched my phone in my hand, having the flashlight app on, pointing at the ground. I was walking through the forest, trying to find the Nemeton, where the Nogitsune and Oni came from.

After the personal moment me and Scott had, he went to Eichen House to meet with Sheriff Stilinski and Stiles, who's apparently going to stay there for three days. I told Scott that I was going to the apartment complex that my mom and grandma is staying at but really I'm going to go find the Nogitsune so I can finally get my questions answered.

When I got to the Nemeton, I stood by it, resting my hands on my hips. "Hey dark fox?! Come out wherever you, we need to talk."

"He's not coming darling, he's quite busy right now." I turned around, immediately felt myself boil with anger as I came face to face with a smiling Sapphire.

"So the Nogitsune is the partner you've been talking about?" I asked, glaring at her. She nodded her, "Yes he is but just call him Void, it's much easier."

Sapphire leaned her body against one of the trees, her arms crossed over her chest. "So what do you want?"

"What does the Nogi—Void mean by I'm the darkness that he is searching for?" I asked and Sapphire chuckled. "It means exactly what it says, your darkness is special."

I rolled my eyes, "I'm tired of hearing the same words and phrases over and over again." I walked over to Sapphire, my face inches from hers. "I want some damn answers!"

"Well you can't get them from me. You only can get them from the one who told you all of this." She said, meaning the Nogitsune. "But I'm going to tell you this now so I can enjoy the fear that is gonna show up on your face." She added.

"Void told me that once he is done with you and your darkness, I get to rip your heart out and finally end your pathetic life." She said, an evil smirk appearing on her lips. "And after you are dead, your werewolf boyfriend is next, and then every person you've ever cared about."

I stared at her, tears forming in my eyes. "Why do you want to kill them? This is just between us!" Sapphire shook her head, a devilish laugh escaping her lips. "Oh no it's not. You killed my brother, the last person I ever cared about. It's only fair if I returned the favor."

3rd Person

Talia felt all these emotions go off inside her. She felt sadness, anger, regret. Her and Sapphire's eyes went down towards her hands, sparks coming off of them.

Sapphire began to take a few steps back slowly as a smile formed on Talia's faces.  "What's ha—" Before Sapphire could finish her sentence, Talia threw her hands in front of her, a blast coming from the palm of them.

Sapphire flew into a tree, releasing painful groan as her body slammed into the bark of it.  She stared up at Talia who had a smirk on her lips.  "How did you do that?  I took your magic!"

Talia slowly approached the scared witch, a proud smirk on her face.  "Your 'partner' told me that a witch's magic can never be fully taken from them.  Magic is based on your emotions, all you have do is feel like your magic is back and it'll return." She said, repeating the Nogitsune's words.

"So you better watch out, because I think that your 'partner' just betrayed you." And with the wave of her hand, her purple smoke surrounded her, making herself vanish into thin air.