|29|

29 ~ evacuation
(VERY IMPORTANT QUESTION ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CHAPTER!)

3rd Person

The sound of the Violin music, laughing, and conservations filled the ballroom, covering the screams of guards from upstairs as they felt their bodies crack and become dust. 

Scott's grip on Talia's waist tightened as he spun themselves around, the young Empress letting out a giggle.  They pressed their foreheads together as they swayed to the beat of the music.

Talia tilted her head up and pecked his lips then rested her head on his chest.  Scott's hands moved to wrap his arms around her small body, holding her close to him.  "I wish we can stay like this forever..." Talia spoke up, causing a smile to form on Scott's lips.  "Me too..." He replied, placing a kiss on her head.

Suddenly a loud bang caused the academy to shake.  Scott held onto Talia, protecting her as he tried to spot his mom and friends, finding them by the stage.  The couple ran towards them, Scott making sure they're okay.   Everyone's heads looked up as the ceiling began to crack, black mist starting to pour through them. 

Julia ran to her daughter and her friends, Fiona following right behind her.  "What is going on?" Talia asked her grandmother.  "I don't know!" Fiona answered.

The group watched as some of the black mist slowly came down from the cracks in the ceiling and the second the mist touched a group of people, they let out scream and everyone in the large room let out a gasp as they watched those people's bodies began to crack then turn into dust. 

Fiona's eyes widen when she realized what was happening.  She climbed onto top of the stage and grabbed the microphone, getting everyone's attention.  "Everyone!  Exit the building now!"

As those words came out of her mouth, everyone started screaming and ran towards the exit, some people got caught into the mist, turning into dust. 

Once everyone was outside, Fiona spoke up.  "We need to place a shield around the academy to stop that mist from getting out!"  On queue, Julia shot her white energy, Fiona shot her brown energy, and finally Talia threw her hands forward, her hands glowed purple and she shot a purple stream into the academy.  With the three Baccari witches' powers, they managed to create a shield around the academy, the black mist hitting the shield, unable to get out.

Stiles noticed some of the shield began to fade.  "It's not gonna hold."  Melissa held onto her son's arm as he had his fingers laced in Talia's.  "What is that?" He asked.

"It's the Black Curse.  It is used to destroy worlds.  Someone must've activated it." Fiona answered and Talia immediately knew who it was.  "It's Sapphire.  Her plan was to use the Nogitsune to kill me but since that failed this must be her back up plan."

Lydia turned her head to see the large amount of people who stood behind them, panicking.  "What are we going to do?"

Julia sighed.  "We must evacuate the whole world."  Kira's eyes widen.  "The whole world?  How are we going to do that?"

"Through portals.  We have to warn the other academies." Fiona answered.  "How come you can't just teleport everyone like you did with us?" Stiles asked. 

"Because with this amount of people, it'll be too much, there would be chance that they would be sent to another dimension." Talia answered for her grandmother.

Julia walked towards the crowd, waving her hands to getting everyone's attention.  "Everyone!  We need you all to head towards the woods, we're going to be making a portal to get you guys to the mortal world."