|26|

26 ~ sacrifice

3rd Person

Talia leaned up against the metal gate as she waited for Scott and the others to arrive.  Soon after she left her mother with the task to search for the magical object, she went to go find Scott at the school where she last saw him, only to find Allison. Flashbacks of their conservation came back to her mind.

Talia teleported herself back to the school, trying to find Scott but only to find Allison, helping Deaton get the flies out of Isaac and the twins.  While he was helping them, Allison noticed the stressed looks on the Talia's face.  After Deaton was done, him and the werewolf's left and when Talia tried to leave, Allison grabbed her hand, stopping her.

"What's wrong?" Allison asked, worried for the witch who just shook her head. "Nothing."

The young hunter rolled her eyes, "I don't need werewolf senses to know that there is something wrong.  Tell me, you can trust me."

Talia let out a sigh then nodded her head.  "I found a way to save Stiles......and Void."  Allison's eyes instantly widen, her mouth slightly open.  "You want to save Void?  WHY?!"

Talia shrugged her shoulders, a look of pure confusion was on her face.  "I don't know...a part of me just doesn't want to see him die.  He understands me."

Allison placed her hand on Talia's shoulder, giving the girl a small smile.  "I understand you, your friends and family understand you, SCOTT understands you." She said, putting more emphasis in 'Scott'.

A fake chuckle escaped Talia's lips as she shook her head. "No he doesn't, none of you guys do. That side of me, you saw today will come back."

"But Scott is the one who brought you back to your normal self." Allison reminded her. Talia turned to face the young Argent with pleading eyes. "You have to promise me that you won't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you. I don't want the others to think of me as a monster."

Allison nodded her head and Talia let out a deep breath. "That wasn't just my evil side, it was also my true side." Allison stared at Talia, confused at what she meant so the young witch continued to explain. "That side of me shows my true feelings towards people. That's why I didn't hurt you, Isaac, or the twins. The only person that I have anger for is Kira."

"Why?" Allison asked and tears formed in Talia's eyes, her blinking them away. "Because I feel threatened by her. That night where she literally sucked the power out of Beacon Hills had me frozen in fear. I haven't seen that much power before." Talia's eyes then went towards her lap. "And Scott....he has feelings for her whether he wants to admit it or not." A couple tears slid down her face. "I care about him so much and I see the way he still looks at that fox, it used to be the way he looked at me when we first met."

Talia stared at Allison who had sympathy in her eyes. "I'm afraid of losing him and for some odd reason I think that killing her will solve everything no matter how hard I try to fight that urge."

"I'm afraid that if Scott finds out about my true feelings, he'll leave me and see me as some monster." She added, causing Allison to shake her head. "You're not a monster and Scott won't think that. He loves you Talia....."

Talia stared at Allison with a smile and tear stained eyes. "You're a good friend Allison...". The young hunter pulled the young witch into a hug, a smile also on her face. "You're a good friend too."

Talia was broken out of her thoughts when she saw Stiles' Jeep and Allison's car pulling up.  She immediately went up to Stiles, hugging him.  "I'm glad your back."  He hugged her back, a smile on his lips.  "Me too."

"How did you know to come here?" Scott asked.  "I texted her to meet us here." Allison answered for the young witch.  "Are you guys ready for this?  It won't be easy." Talia told them and they all nodded their heads. 

As Scott approached the metal gate, he turned to his friends, his fingers lacing with Talia's.  "Are you guys ready?"  He asked and they all nodded their heads again. 

As they all pushed open the gates, Scott and Stiles went into the abandoned building to look for Lydia as Allison, Isaac, Kira, and Talia approached Noshiko who entered from the other side of the Oak Creek with five Oni following behind her. 

Allison aims an arrow at one of the Oni and Talia formed a fireball in her hand.  "Call off the Oni!" The young hunter demanded which caused Noshiko to laugh.  "You think you can save him?  I've tried the same thing seventy years ago but your friend is gone."

"You're just scared to admit that if Stiles doesn't have to die then Rhys didn't have to die back in 1943." Kira told her mother. 

Noshiko held a stare at her daughter.  "I may not be the fox anymore but the Nogitsune is still my demon to bury." She said then the Oni disappeared. 

Suddenly Noshiko had a startled look on her face as she opened the palm of her hand, showing a firefly that soon turned into black smoke.  "What does that mean?" Talia asked.

"It means that there is a new change in ownership."  All their heads went to Void who stood in front of the five Oni.  "They belong to me now."

The five Oni charged at the supernatural teens with their swords out.  Kira fought against two and Isaac took on the other three as Allison shot arrows at them from afar.  Talia crushed the fireball in her hand, vanishing it as she approached Void with angry look in her eyes.

"Call then off!" She ordered which caused the dark fox to laugh.  "Sorry, can't do that little dove." He then approached her, their bodies inches apart.  "But maybe you can." 

Talia stared at him, confused at what he meant.  Void placed his hands on her shoulders, turning her to face her friends who were fighting the Oni.  "The Oni are made of darkness....suck the darkness out of them.  No darkness means no Oni."

Talia lifted her hands up, black glowing streams came from the Oni and went into the palm of Talia's hands.  Her body began to shake viciously and she felt the energy of Oni being absorbed into her.  Void smiled as he watched the darkness pouring into Talia. 

The young witch knew that sucking the darkness out of the Oni would make her dark again but if it means to save her friends lives, then it was worth it.  She remembers the words she told Allison before the two of them left the school.

"You need to promise me something." Talia told the young Argent who nodded her head.  "If my evil side ever comes out again you need to kill me." 

Allison's eyes widen as she heard those words.  "What Talia? No—" Talia shook her head, her voice slightly raising.  "You need to!  You need to put me down before I have the chance to hurt someone else, SOMEONE I CARE ABOUT!  You can't hesitate!" 

Allison nodded her head, tears in her eyes as the two girls pulled each other in a hug, embracing each other as they both had tears slide down their faces. 

Noshiko, Kira, Isaac, and Allison watched as the Oni stopped fighting and began to fade.  Isaac stared at Talia with his yellow, beta eyes glowing, seeing the dark aura that surrounded Talia began to grow, about three times larger than Talia's normal body size.

Void had a smile on his lips, his plan going into action.  Once Talia absorbs enough darkness, she'll become such a powerful weapon and bring great chaos to Beacon Hills.  Then Void can feed off of all the pain and misery she'll cause.

Allison remember what Talia literally begged her do.  Tears formed in her eyes as she pulled back her bow, aiming an arrow right at the young witch. 

The young hunter let out a deep breath, a single tear slid down her cheek as she felt her fingers slowly release the string of her bow.