|19|

19 ~ the nogitsune

Talia Baccari

I was still walking through the woods, flinching each time my foot would step on a leaf, the sound of crunching echoing throughout the forest.  I stared at the floating flannel shirt that belonged to Stiles, leading me to where he is. 

"Talia....why don't you use your magic to find....Stilessss." The voice returned, the sound of him carrying out Stiles' name filled my ears.  I rolled my eyes, stating. "I don't have my magic.  My evil sister-in-law took it all."

The voice laughed in my ear. "A witch's magic can never be fully taken out of them." I scoffed at his words. "Well I have been trying to make them work all night but nothing."

"I can help you....I can help you control the darkness that surrounds you and get your magic back." It said. "Why do you want to help me?"

I suddenly froze as I could literally feel breathing down my neck. The voice laughed in my ears. "Because you are special little dove."

Suddenly I started to hear screaming in the distance and I took off running in the direction of it.  I ended up at the cave that Malia was living at for eight years.  I ran to see Stiles on the ground screaming. 

Running up to him, I cupped his face in my hands, causing him to look at me in the eyes.  "Stiles?  Stiles!  Stop, look at me!"  He suddenly stopped screaming, staring at me in the eyes.  "Talia?"  I stubbled back a bit when he pulled me into an unsuspected hug. 

I wrapped my arms around him, trying to calm him down.  Suddenly I heard a car coming towards us.  I noticed Stiles' flannel shirt still floating in the air so I quickly snatched it, wrapping it around him to stop it from floating.  Melissa and Agent McCall came to view.

"Talia?  You're Scott's friend right?  Why are you here and how did you know HE was here? Mr. McCall asked, pointing his fingers at Stiles.  "Girlfriend" I corrected.  "and I knew he was here because a....a.....a..." I began to stutter, not knowing how to explain on how I knew he was here in the first place.

I sighed in relief when Melissa stood in front of me, smiling.  "Because I called her, telling to meet us here."

"Really?" Agent McCall asked, arching his brow at me, not really buying that excuse.  Me and Melissa turned to each other then back at the FBI Agent.  "Really." We said at the same time. 

The three of us drove Stiles to the hospital to get him checked out.  I stood in the waiting room, watching Mr. Stilinski and Agent McCall argue back and forth about how Mr. Stilinski isn't showing any gratitude on how Agent McCall found his son. 

In the corner of my eye I saw Scott and Lydia enter the hospital, his eyes immediately focusing on me.  He quickly ran to me, pulling me into a tight hug, his face nuzzling into the crook of my neck.  "Thank you so much...."

I wrapped my arms around him, pulling him closer with a smile on my face.  "For what?"  His grip around me loosened as we pulled away from the hug but still had our hands rested on each other, staring in each other's eyes. "For finding Stiles.  I literally tried everything tonight.  I tried finding him by scent and with Lydia's banshee abilities but nothing."

I shrugged.  "It was the least I could after everything I did.  You know, kidnapping his dad and almost using him as a sacrifice."  Scott then leaned over, placing a kiss on my forehead.  Suddenly Melissa walked up to us with a reassuring smile on her face.  "Stiles is sleeping and doing just fine."

Scott let out a deep breath of relief, grabbing my hand and squeezing it.  I knew he was nervous about Stiles missing, he was like a brother to him. "Well you guys have school in a couple of hours so get back home." His mom ordered us. Me and Scott left the hospital with Lydia right behind us.