1. I'm Really Not In The Mood For Pictures

o n e

THE BIG APPLE. NEW YORK City. The City that Never Sleeps. I think as I sit in my cab. I don't get the hype.

I've always heard stories of NYC. I've heard about how magical it is. I've known people who've lived their dreams here. I just don't know if it is that great. I came here for a fresh start and because my friend is letting me stay with her. Life hasn't really been eventful for me. I had a great boyfriend in high school, and we split apart because of distance in college and haven't talked since. I've stayed in contact with 1 friend from high school, but he's famous so we don't talk too much. The most depressing thing is I think I reached my emotional peak in high school.

"Get out," the angry cab driver grunts as the car slows to a stop. I hand him the money and thank him, not taking his rudeness to heart.

I take in a deep breathe of polluted air as my ears fill with the sound of cars honking. I walk into the tall skyscraper my friend calls home.

"I'm Amber Thompson. Ring Kara Darnell," I say since this isn't my first time here and I know the protocol.

The doorman nods to me and I proceed to the elevator at the same time as a tall brunette. He seems a little familiar but I can't tell exactly who he is. Very familiar. Then he turns around but puts his face in his hands after a second so I only catch a glimpse of him. I get more sure each second of who he is.

"Could you please press '10'?" He asks tiredly. I almost can't stop myself from gasping. That's the same voice I stayed up hearing for so many nights. The voice I longed to hear so many mornings.

"Sure, Jonah," I chirp, pressing the button and the 11th one, too. "It's nice to meet you again."

"I'm really not in the mood for pictures," he says with a sigh, leaning back onto the walls before opening his eyes.

"Someone thinks highly of himself," I snort. "Trust me, I have plenty of pictures of us."

"Wait, Amber?" He asks, recognizing my voice.

"Hey, Jonah," I say with a warm smile as he gives me a hug. I didn't realize I missed his hugs so much. I didn't realize a lot of things it seems.

"Oh wow. How's it been?" He asks, a smile lighting up his face as he runs his hand through his hair excitedly.

"It's been okay. I'm a little bit of a failure, but you certainly aren't!" I add, making sure I focus more on his booming career than my sad one. "Look at me, talking with the biggest star in the music industry!"

"Well, not the biggest," he says shyly.

"Yeah you're right, Daniel's probably bigger than you," I say, referencing back to the blue-eyed boy I'm still in contact with.

"Are you still in contact with him?" He asks. "Are you in contact with anyone from high school?"

"Yes, I am in contact with Daniel but we don't talk all that much. As for anyone else," I say, "not really."

"Well, Daniel, Corbina, and Jack live in the building!" He says joyfully.

"No. Fucking. Way," I say, utterly shocked. What are the odds that they all live in the same building?

"Well, Corbina just moved in," Jonah says. "And they got married."

"I know, I heard about that!" I say enthusiastically. "And some celeb gossip magazines say you have a girlfriend," I add butting him with my shoulder and wiggling my eyebrows.

"Well, they're right," he says as the elevator doors open. "And you know her."

"How would I—," I start asking as a familiar, annoying voice greets Jonah.

"JoJo Bear!" Lavender squeals. "I missed you so much!"

"That's how," I say, answering the question I was asking. "Hi, Lavender." I cant believe he'd get back together with her. I mean, she made him miserable in senior year. But maybe I was wrong. I was wrong about a lot of things that year.

"Hi, Amber!" She says all-too-excitedly. "It's been so long!"

"Not long enough!" I say with faux happiness, resisting her hug.

"Amber, people change," Jonah says gravely.

"Yeah they do," I say as I walk out of the elevator. "But they don't do flips," I add as the elevator door shuts behind me.

I walk to Kara's door and knock excitedly. I'm very excited to live here, with one of my closest friends, too!

"AMBERRRRR!" Kara shouts, wrapping me in a strong hug.

"KARAAAAAAAA!" I yell, copying her.

"Come in!" She says, grabbing my bags. "I'll lead you to your room and then I'll give you a little tour."

"Okay," I say, thankful for the distraction from what just happened.

"You seem a little downhearted," she says curiously. "What's up?"

"You've always been good at judging my emotions," I say with a chuckle. "Just ran into an old friend."

"Tell me more," she says, setting my bags down into a bedroom.

I tell her the story of how I met them, how they changed me, how we left, and how we're here. It was a long story that was waiting to be told. It was also a story that brought about many changes in my thoughts. I guess I never truly stopped loving those guys. They were the only good friends I'd had in a long time. He was the only one I actually loved. But those feelings are old; it's too late for the fire to be reignited even if there's a spark.

Whoo! Long chapter to start! Anyways, I know you guys have a lot of questions and they will be answered in due time. Meanwhile, vote and comment! Thank you so much for reading!!
Make sure to check out some of my other WDW fanfics if you're interested and check out some other stories by me too.

Comment here if you're excited! (You'll be seeing my comment first.)