25. Her Name Is Gabbie

t w e n t y - f i v e

I sling my guitar along my back as I walk out the door to write another song with Daniel. I skip to the elevator, pressing the button for Daniel's level.

The elevator opens a minute later with Daniel and Quinn at the door.

"Hey, can Quinn come along?" Daniel asks eagerly.

"Yeah! More minds the better," I say with a kind smile. I enjoyed Quinn's company, and she's a great songwriter.

"Thanks," she says before giving me a quick hug.

The elevator goes back up a level to retrieve someone else, I assume. Daniel starts saying random lyrics, creating a love song to watermelon, as Quinn and I laugh at his childishness.

"You still love watermelon, huh?" I ask after the doors slide open, letting in a tall man.

"A love like that will never be stopped," Jonah says with a chuckle, about to press the button for the Jack's floor. "What are you guys doing?"

"We're having a song-writing sesh," I answer tersely.

"That's what Jack and I were about to do!" Jonah exclaims, smiling lightly. "What a coincidence."

"Yeah it is! You guys should come with us!" Quinn says, being enthusiastic as she is.

"We can check with Jack," Jonah offers, accepting her offer. She smiles approvingly, and we all exit the elevator just as Jack walks out of his apartment, dressed too fancily for a song-writing session.

"Hey, man! What are you guys doing here?" Jack asks as he gives Jonah a bro hug.

"We were gonna write songs remember?" Jonah asks.

"Shit! I have a date," Jack says, running a hand through his hair. "Can we do it some other time?"

"Yeah."

"What's her name?" I ask, smiling widely.

"Gabbie," he answers bashfully. "I have to go though."

We follow him to the elevator and go down to the lobby.

[]

"I'm hungry. Daniel, wanna go get something from the cafe?" Quinn asks, referring to the cafe across the street from the recording studio. We've been sitting and writing songs for a few hours now, and we've written a song or two. We sat together, spilling feelings and thoughts and turning it into music.

Quinn sat with her legs draped over Daniel's lap, and he lifted her feet up as he agreed.

"Make sure to come back soon," Jonah reminds them.

"Yeah, don't start making out in the bathroom or anything," I call as Quinn raises her middle finger to me, causing me smile with amusement.

"Do you want anything?" He asks us before leaving.

"Coffee!" Jonah and I shout just as he disappears out the door. Turning to each other, we start laughing over our shared love of coffee.

"Still can't live without it, can you?" I ask, giggling.

"Nope," he says, popping the "p."

Our laughter dies down, and an awkward silence takes over the room. I get up off the sofa and walk around the room, looking at all the records and pictures on the wall, stopping at one that says the name "Jonah Marais."

"That was my first one, so I asked for it to be put up in the studio where I recorded the song," he says, his breathe gliding over my ear.

"Ever wondered what would happened if we'd all just stayed together?" I ask quietly, setting my hand down on the table in front of me and turning around to face him.

"Always," he answers, looking into my eyes as if searching for something. A stray strand of hair falls onto my eyes. I'm about to brush it away before another hand beats me to it. I hear my heartbeat pounding in my chest. My breath hitches in my throat, refusing to come out normally.

His hand rests on my jaw, not moving. Something flashes in his eyes only long enough to tell me that it isn't just me feeling. I slowly stand up on my toes, pressing my lips to his.

A few eons later, a voice says teasingly, "It seems we weren't the ones to watch out for."

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to update, I didn't mean to

Hey guys! Sorry for taking so long to update, I didn't mean to. But I have some news...

I won't be updating this story until "Brunettes" gets 70 votes, and until "The Case of Daisy" gets 25 votes. I'm really proud of how those stories are going, and no one is reading them. "The Case of Daisy" is the 1K gift, and "Brunettes" is a Peter Parker story with many plot twists.

Sorry, loves! No one is reading those and they are much better. Maybe some of my best.

July 11, 2018