12. Yeah, Didn't You?

t w e l v e

"OKAY, LET'S GO, PEOPLE!" TYLER shouts, herding us all into the tour bus. "We have to leave in five minutes."

"Okay, Bam Bam! Calm your tits," I say with a chuckle as I walk into the bus.

We all file into the bus: Corbyn, Daniel, Jonah, Jack, Zach, Christina, and me. Christina and I are opening for them and come in every time there's a outfit change. It's a whole process. She was sick yesterday, so she didn't come to the meeting. She looks beautiful as ever today though.

Tyler, our agents, and managers are taking a different bus. We barely have enough space here as it is.

Quinn and Kara will be joining us when we go to Europe. Quinn actually is an actress and musician, too and has a big following in Europe. I'm not even surprised to be honest; she's insanely talented. Eben will also be joining us for a couple shows, but not for the whole tour. This is one very big tour. Lots of music's greatest names will come and perform at certain shows. It'll be just amazing.

"I call this one!" I say, putting my purse in the bottom bunk in the middle.

"Actually, that's mine," Jonah says with a chuckle, pointing to his books already sitting there.

"What'd you do?! Come in at night and put it?" I ask, outraged.

"Yeah, didn't you?" Jack asks confusedly. I shake my heads. It's like we're teenagers again. Just a couple years older.

I climb up to the bunk above Jonah and put my purse in. I start setting some pictures up: one of me and Si, one at the Empire State Building, and one of my family. I hang up some lights around the small space to make it more homely.

Feeling content with the decor, I jumped off just before the bus started moving. With a yelp, I started stumbling back almost destined to fall on my butt. A pair of strong hands catch me.

"Still clumsy, huh?" Jack asks with a chuckle.

"Thanks, Jacky," I say, giving him a peck on the cheek. "Yes, yes, I am. Age merely changes appearances and wisdom, not clumsiness."

"I suppose that's true," he admits as we walk to the back of the bus and sit with the rest of the troupe.

Jonah and Daniel sit together, crowding around a recording device. Probably writing some music. They're musical geniuses. Corbyn and Zach talk about who-knows-what while slapping each other on the face. I roll my eyes. I guess guys don't change with age either. Christina sits alone, scrolling through her phone. Jack sits down and joins Christina.

"Amber, do you have any more fire lyrics for us to use?" Daniel asks, calling me over.

"I might have another little somethin' something," I say, slightly smirking as I sit down next to him, putting my elbow on his shoulder.

"What do you think of this?" Jonah asks, playing a beat from his phone. It had undertones of a dance mix, but was a lot slower. The right lyrics could make this really something special. It had a slight guitar part in the back, but louder electronics overshadowed it.

"I might have lyrics for this," I say thoughtfully after a second. "It's more of a gender neutral song. It isn't a love song, but it's also meant to be a duet. It doesn't really matter though," I ramble on before I go to get the lyrics.

I return a few moments later holding my songbook. I flip open to the page with "Youth" written on it.

"These are some good lyrics, Bambi," Daniel says with pride in his voice. We had made some adjustments, but 95% of the song was still mine. Just a little phrasing here and there.

"Thanks," I say, blushing profusely. It wasn't often I got compliments.

"It truly is fantastic. I mean, the lyrics just—they're perfect," Jonah says, changing his mind in the middle of his sentence. He looks at me with a smile and butterflies erupt in my stomach. That smile.

"Th—Thanks," I stammer.

This is what the next few months is going to be like, huh? Well, I can get used to this.

"We'll be driving for another couple hours!" Bill the bus driver calls back to us.

"Thanks, Bill!" Corbyn shouts back.

"I'm gonna go watch tv," I say, getting up to go to the front of the bus.

"I'll join you," Jonah says, getting up and following me.

I don't know why, but I don't feel an impending sense of doom. I'm actually relieved he said he's coming. I guess it's because Simon isn't here, so I don't feel guilty. Or maybe, it's cause I always wanted this.

"Popcorn!" I shout, grabbing a bag before sitting down.

"Blanket!" Jonah shouts, copying me and getting a plush blanket.

I curl up on the sofa facing the tv with my bag of popcorn. "You're not getting my popcorn."

"You're not getting my blanket," Jonah says, wrapping himself in the blanket.

"Fine."

"Fine."

Hours pass by and we forget what we said. We both end up wrapped in the blanket with popcorn littered all around us. It all blurred together. One second we were watching the movie, next we were throwing popcorn at each other and play fighting. I'm not sure how to feel, but one thing I do know is that I don't want this warm arm around my waist to move.

I didn't know that at that moment, Zach was taking a picture.

imzachherron: tip: don't fall asleep with someone when you're on a tour bus and can't have any privacy

imzachherron: tip: don't fall asleep with someone when you're on a tour bus and can't have any privacy. this is just the basics, guys @AmberThompson @JonahMarais

•••

Heee heee heee heee!
Lmao.
I'm weird.

Anyways, vote and comment! I'm updating a lot, so I make up for my previous lack of updates. I'm sorry but school is really busy right now. I only have one more month though! Summer is so close, I can almost taste it.

I love you my hopeless romantics! And remember: I LOVE reading your comments and thoughts on the story. Especially when y'all are pissed—those are the best ones.

Q. Do you like what's happening?
Q2. Do you think they're, in a sense, cheating on their partners?

QOTD: Dog or cat?

Dogs forever. I have one literally five feet away from me now. Dogs are the best. They're so cute and loyal.