24. Maybe I'm Just A Kid In Love

t w e n t y - f o u r

A smile lights up my face as we start singing in a group, harmonizing at times and screaming at others. Even though we just spent months together on a bus, we couldn't seem to get enough of each other. You would think being stuck in close quarters with these guys would make me sick of them, but I love them more.

We all came to Jonah's now quite empty apartment to have a little party. Corbyn and Christina brought some games. Jack and Zach brought some drinks. Daniel and Quinn brought some food. I brought my lovely presence. Kara was busy with some work, so she couldn't come. We had no idea what we would do, but we ended up just listening to music and talking.

For the past hour, we've all told stories or just said the randomest stuff ever. Feeling this carefree seemed like merely a memory.

"Maybe I'm just a kid in love! Maybe I'm just a kid in love!" I shout along to the song, getting up and dancing. I pull each of them up to dance to because we had all been sitting on the couch and chatting. "OH, baby, if this is what it's like falling in love then—" I sing, pointing to them as I want them to finish.

"I don't ever wanna grow up!" Only Jonah and Quinn know the song. The rest of them merely know the tune.

The doorbell rings, sending Jonah to walk to the door. Being closer, I stop him and jog to the door and open it to an angry blonde.

"Hey, darling," I say happily.

"What are you doing here?" She asks maliciously.

"Oh didn't you know?" I say, deciding to play with her. "I moved in here with my husband."

"Wait—What?" Lavender asks, double-taking.

"Yeah! I don't know what happened to Jonah though," I say, pretending to be confused.

"Who's there?" Jonah asks from behind, causing me to wince. Lavender glares at me, realizing I was lying.

"What were you even talking about?" Lavender asks, gasping as if disrespected.

"Huh?" Jonah asks confusedly.

"I said I moved in here with my husband," I answer Jonah. "Don't worry. It wasn't you. I said I didn't know where you were, hun," I add, lightly slapping his cheek twice because his jaw was slightly dropped. "I only said it to play."

"You lied," Lavender spits out.

"You cheated," I spit back.

"So did you," she says, looking at her nails.

"But I was drunk. And it was once, you hoe," I reply, spinning on my heel and walking back in.

I hear Jonah talk to Lavender quickly before walking back in. He grabs my arm and pulls me into the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" He hisses.

"Nothing. Just talking," I reply.

He shakes his head but a smile creeps onto his lips. "I missed that fire."

"So did I," I reply with a tense smile.

"I missed you," he replies, looking at my eyes.

"I missed you, too," I reply, giving him a strong hug.

Sighing, he asks, "Why is this so confusing?"

"Cause I'm just a kid in love," I mutter under my breath, raising my voice to add something more. "Because life is." I didn't think he heard the first part as I walk away. I walk away feeling like a considerable weight has been taken off my chest. I feel free. I feel young. I feel on top of the world.

I feel different.

So...

What do you think?

Q. Is it easy cruising from here on out for Jamber?

I just realized that Jonah and Amber is like in Andi Mack except they're not toxic.
Or are they?

Q. Thoughts on Scorpion?
A. It's aight. Not a big Drake fan tho.