14. Why Don't We Do What They Did In Friends?

A/N: that's right people, you read the title correctly. We gonna go Friends style in this chapter :)

f o u r t e e n

"WHAT DO YOU WANNA WATCH?" Jonah asks from the bed. We hadn't agreed on a single thing to do so far.

"Nothing really," I reply. "Maybe Friends."

"Yes!" Jonah cheers, going on to Netflix and pulling up Friends.

"Let's do the one where Ross draws on Rachel's face when they go to Las Vegas to see Joey," I say happily. "It's in the first few seasons."

"Oh yeah, where Ross was married again and had to get another divorce," Jonah says, remembering. "I liked that episode."

"So do I." I jump on the bed next to him as the episode starts playing. "Why don't we do what they did in Friends?"

"What?"

"Like draw on each other's faces and drink the mini-drinks," I reply, hopping off and opening the fridge to show the mini-drinks. "Come on, you know you want to."

"Fine!" He groans after a moment's hesitation. "But not the face, it's my money-maker."

"Okay," I chirp back. I pull out all the bottles I can with my two hands and dump them on the bed. "But you're not drawing on my face."

"But it was your idea!" He exclaims, grabbing a bottle.

"I just wanted to draw on your face," I admit with a chuckle.

[]

"Why did we do this?" I ask, giggling like a maniac. Millions—Okay, well not millions but a lot—of bottles later, we ended up sitting on the bed and talking. I think it's talking. It's mainly laughing at crappy jokes. This is new.

"Um," he slurs, gazing into the distance, "Friends!"

"That's a worthy cause," I say, nodding my head. "I love that show," I add. "I always loved Ross and Rachel."

"Yeah, so do I ," he replies, his face taking on a look of seriousness. "I'm gonna go to sleep now."

"Okay," I say. "I will, too." I go to the bathroom and wear a baggy sweatshirt and some shorts like usual. I walk back into the room, cursing since I hit my foot. But I was also laughing. I like laughing. Like, I like it a lot. It's so fun. Why don't we laugh all the time? Everything would be so fun. I think as I plop down on the bed.

"So do I," Jonah says, chuckling a little.

"Oh I thought I was thinking," I reply, knitting my eyebrows together in confusion.

He turns around and puts the light out. The room was just illuminated by the hazy moonlight. Of its own volition, my hand slides to the side, yearning for something to hold. I grab onto another hand and sigh quietly.

"Why are we doing this?" Jonah asks quietly, any giggles gone. "Why are we playing this game?"

"Because we can't stop," I whisper, my words echoing throughout the dimly lit room. "Like we're elevators. Up and down, up and down. We stop at some levels, but we always go back."

"Why don't we just go down faster this time?" He asks, very clearly in a drunken stupor but so am I. Slowly, I start to sit up, and so does he.

"We should," I reply, pressing my lips onto his.

Hey my hopeless romantics! I hope y'all liked this chapter. As always, thank you so so much for reading.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Although seriously, I'm so proud of the boys being in Europe and having concerts there. I feel kinda empty tbh knowing that they're not even in the same country as me, but it's fine because they're out there making other people happy and being happy themselves. They're gonna go so so far, and I'm proud to say that I've been here from the beginning. They're such wonderful people.

Q. What do you think will happen next?

Q. What'd you do for Mother's Day?
A. I made my mom breakfast today morning and had a total of four hours of sleep. Then we ate some lunch at a restaurant and my dad gave her this bracelet he bought. Pretty uneventful, I know. We don't do too much.