22. Is This Real?

t w e n t y - t w o

"To a successful tour!" We cheer, holding up our glasses. A giggle escapes my mouth before we tip our glasses, pouring the contents down our throats.

"Oof, I love you guys," Christina says, smiling ecstatically. "This was truly the best tour I've been on."

"Aww, thanks Christina!" We chorus, leaning over to give her a hug.

We'd grown unusually close in the last few days as we traveled back from the last stop on tour. Everything seemed like it was magically repaired. Everything. Including you-know-what. We decided to go out for dinner upon our arrival into New York again.

After an hour of random conversation, we simultaneously decided to make a toast. My heart was overflowing with gratefulness, thankful for everything that's happened in the last year of my life. Coming to New York May have been the best thing I've ever done. Sure, more drama has found its way into my life, but it's been better.

Giggling, I rock side to side, bobbing my head to an unheard beat of a song. My eyes twinkle with a youthful excitement, like I just went on the biggest adventure of my life and I'm gonna go on a new one.

"She seems unusually happy," Daniel laughs, looking at me.

"She does," Jonah exclaims, poking my cheek, "is this real?"

Swatting his hand away, I reply, "I'm in a good mood! Birds are chirping, and the sun is shining."

"It's night," Zach whispers to Jack not-so-discreetly.

"Just let her be," Jack responds, an amused smile contorting his lips.

We continue our dinner, laughing and screaming at times. Our smiles never dim, and the creases around our eyes never disappear even as we start to leave.

"Isn't it kind of funny that we all live in the same building?" Christina asks, giggling and wobbling on her feet.

Corbyn rushes to her, letting her lean on him, as he says, "Yeah, it is."

I find myself laughing boisterously for some reason. My laughs echo around the still-busy street, making me laugh more. I start clutching my stomach and nearly falling to my feet before two arms grip mine, pulling me up.

"Okay, so you're not walking home without a crutch," Jonah says, pulling my arm around his shoulder so I have support as I sloppily put my feet in front of each other. He's like my rock. Always there for me. That's kind of funny, I think with a giggle. I mean, it's so much harder with him around. Although I did get jobs when I come here.

"I can walk fine!" I protest like a child. "Although, I doooooo like doing less work." Quinn chuckles at my childish behavior, intertwining her fingers with Daniel's who has a smile on his face. "Ooh, they're in llooooooooovvvveeeeee."

"Oh that brings back memories," Corbyn breathes, letting out a small chuckle.

"Why?" Jack asks, the curiosity present in his voice.

"The first time she got drunk," Corbyn says, grunting as he helps Christina stand up again, "I drove her an Christina to Christina's place. After Christina got out of the car, she," he explains, pointing his head towards me, "said that I'm in love with Christina."

"And she was right!" Christina shouts, pointing up to the stars.

"Wow, seems like I gave you magical powers," Jonah says, nudging me with his shoulder.

"That was before. It was the party where you sucked face with that bitch-ass snake you call a girlfriend," I giggle, not knowing the severity of my words.