3. Abhimanyu Thakkar

Manik had to look away when the girl, who was often referred as a devil stepped down the stairs, breaking the small eye-lock with him.

Harshad on the other hand was going to kiss Aliya's forehead but stopped in mid.

"Bhai, I don't like it when you kiss her forehead! You can kiss only Nandu's head."

A nine year old Nandini had whined over the silliest matter. Her brother had just kissed the small girl's head who often tease her for almost everything.

Harshad let out a laugh as he bobbed his head," Ofcourse, Bhai's head kisses are only for his princess."

"Promise Bhai?"

"Nandu Promise."

Harshad gulped, the memory still fresh in his mind as he glanced at her who pretended like nothing mattered, but Harshad knew better.

Others seemed to be confused on what happened except Aliya and Shelika for they knew about the reason too. It was childish but it was a promise Harshad made to his nine old sister, who was his life once and no matter what happened between them, he still couldn't bring himself to break this one promise.

Aliya smiled while Shelika made a bad face that nobody noticed. Aliya then moved to Nandini while her friends met Harshad and Shelika.

Before Aliya could even approach her, Nandini stepped back, streching her hand for a hand shake.

Nandini: Welcome back, Aliya.

Aliya: Thankyou di.

Nandini: You should have atleast informed you were coming today. I-

Shelika: So now she has to take your permission before coming in her own house?

Nandini: One second, what did you say, her house? Excuse me, Mrs.Murty- Let me remind you, I am the equal owner of this house and it belongs to me too.

Shelika glared at her for saying it infront of Aliya's friends. She had always told everyone that her late husband named their house on her daughter's name and she has taught Aliya to do the same, though Aliya never did but Shelika wasn't aware of it.

Nandini: And Don't forget, this house is made by my father and at present, I am running it.

Harshad: I give equal share in it, Nandini!

Nandini: But your dear mother and sister don't but anyways, I am in no mood of your baseless arguments. Spare me!

Rolling her eyes in irritation, she started walking out of there. Shelika opened her mouth to argue again but Aliya stopped her in between.

Aliya: It is okay, mom. Leave it. We all are tired so please excuse us.

Shelika nodded and Nandini who was going to climb the stairs called the servant and asked them to show Fab5 the guests rooms listening which Shelika again cut her in between.

Shelika: Aliya has her own room, Nandini. My daughter will not stay in the guest room!

Harshad tried to interrupt, knowing why Nandini did so but till then, Nandini's patience was already broken.