37. Parting Ways

As Manik, and the others came inside the room, they found the doctor checking Nandini who seemed awake now.

Doctor: How do you feel, Nandini?

Nandini: F-Fine.

Doctor: Do you remember what happened last?

Nandini fell silent. A groan left her lips as she tried to sit down. Navya immediately moved forward to help her but was surprised when Nandini showed her hand.

Nandini: I can help myself.

Navya looked at others who looked disappointed but nodded.

Doctor: Nandini, do you remember them?

Nandini looked at each one of them, her eyes lingering on Manik for a moment before she nodded.

Nandini: How can I forget them doctor.

The doctor smiled uneasily, catching the hidden meaning underlying her sarcastic tone. He looked at others and gestured Sid to follow him at the side while others stood near Nandini.

She leaned back, closing her eyes. It was not a rocket science to know she had her memories back.

Nandini: Leave me alone.

Harshad: Princess-

Nandini: I am not your princess. Now, leave me alone.

Manik: Nandini?

Nandini opened her eyes this time, staring at him silently and he smiled at her. Seeing her not resisting, Manik walked forward and sat beside her.

Manik: Are you okay?

Nandini: Yeah.

Manik: I- I am sor-

Nandini: It doesn't matter.

Manik: It does.

Nandini: You are right. It mattered to Nandini Murty a little way too much, but to me, It doesn't.

Manik chuckled, looking down. Nandini frowned as she turned to look at him. Was he mad?

Manik: For me, there's only you. I hurt you, and I am sorry.

Nandini frowned, clutching the comforter and turned away her face at the warmth his words spilled. She scolded herself for giving away the control. So what if she didn't remember, she should have never been this close to him.

Manik: Are you still going to hide, ha?

Nandini's head snapped in his direction and seeing the way he was staring at her, she knew he knew. She looked at Sid, accusation clear on her face.

Sid just turned away his face, refusing to answer her and Nandini chuckled making all of them frown.

Nandini: How nice of you people. Taking advantage of my Amnesia. Did you guys think of me even once?

Navya: Nandu! We never took advantage of you!

Nandini: You did. You all hid the truth from me and pretended to not know because you all were guilty. You wanted my forgiveness right? Leave, I will never forgive you people.

Harshad: Nandini, it is enough. What were we supposed to do?

Nandini: Anything but lie to me that Soha is alive! You guys made a joke of me! I- Leave, just leave.

Aryaman: Nandu, You are taking wrong.

Nandini: No, It is now I am taking you all right. You guys were always selfish. You guys never cared for me. You faked everything, pampered me, showed me fake care thinking - oh it is not like she remembers anything, and when she does, she will just forgive us and move on. That's what you thought, no?