22. I Love You

Manik: Two days. I will find the entire truth in two days, Nandini.

Nandini: You can't find the truth until I want you to. And why are you so interested in my past? The people who should find the truth do not even care and you all are so desperate, especially you, Mr.Malhotra.

She frowned not knowing why did the truth matter so much to him while Manik averted his gaze not knowing what to tell her. How much he wished that he could confess his feelings to her right then and there.

And it was not like he couldn't. Even now, he could simply step ahead, go down on his knee and confess it. The only thing that was stopping him from doing so was her.

He was scared. What if after knowing his feelings, she shut him off? Not that she was very open to him but at least she talked to him.

However, seeing her standing there in confusion, completely unaware of his feelings, Manik could no longer have control over them. So he simply closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"Manik, in life, if you ever fell for someone na, do not hesitate to confess your love to her."

His father's word rang in his mind and opened them again only to stare into her eyes.

Manik: Because you are precious to me, Nandini.

And much to everyone's surprise, Nandini gasped as if knowing where this was heading. Never in her wildest dreams she had expected him to say something like that.

Nandini: W-What did you say?

"Life is too short to wait for the right opportunity, Manik and love doesn't need it."

"So, when you are sure that she is the one, just do it, right then and there."

Manik took a deep breath again, remembering his father's words again, and finally let it out.

Manik: Because I love you, Nandini.

She gasped, her hand palming her mouth the next instant while others stood shocked with Manik's move.

Did he just confess his feelings for her?

And just like that.

Without any preparations, planning, or even seeing the place and time.

However, it surely didn't set well with Nandini who shouted the next moment.

Nandini: Are you out of your mind, Manik Malhotra!

Manik: Do I need to be out of my mind for loving you? If yes, then I am out of my mind.

His voice held so much sincerity that for a second, Nandini forget that she had to be angry at him.

She hadn't expected this.

She wouldn't lie saying she didn't know he had feelings for her but Love?

Out of all the feelings, he had to choose love?

Nandini: L-Look, Mr.Malhotra, t-this isn't funny at all.

Manik: Exactly, it isn't funny at all. I want to find the truth, for you. So, Let me.

Nandini: No, A big no!

She turned to the others who were still in shock due to Manik's unexpected move.

Nandini: Are you people deaf or what? Your friend is uttering nonsense from the last ten minutes, and you aren't even stopping him.

Nandini hadn't realized but she had started panicking which snapped others out of their trance. They looked confused at her reaction. However, it soon changed into worry as she took a step back, her whole body shivering. She didn't realize when her hand hit the glass kept there, knocking it off. It fell on the ground shattering into pieces and Manik rushed to hold her but before he could, she stopped him by showing her hand.