18. I Love Her

Abhi: S-he came but- She was not normal. She was disturbed. Her eyes were red as if she had cried buckets before coming there. We panicked seeing her condition and even asked her what happened but she didn't open her mouth. She refused to tell us anything and before we could manage to make her talk, we were called on the stage. We asked her if she will be able to perform and she just nodded. We p-performed!

His voice broke by the end and the others looked at him confused except Manik who was silent, somewhere he had guessed what happened. It wasn't difficult for him to guess Nandini was accused of something she didn't do and now hearing Abhi, he concluded that it was related to their performance.

Aliya: Then what went wrong, bhai?

Abhi: Barbie! She ignored Soha's part and herself sang it!

He revealed leaving all of them surprised except Manik who just let out a sigh.

Manik: So you accused her for this?

Abhi: We would've happily let her sing the whole song alone, Manik. Sometimes the truth is beyond our imagination.

He chuckled seeing him making such a naive guess.

Abhi: Since she sang Soha's part and we were in the dark, we couldn't come infront of the crowd. Everything was messed up. We went backstage and questioned her.

As Black Shinners reached backstage, except Soha all rushed to Nandini. Harshad held her shoulders gently and made her look at everyone as she had been avoiding eye-contact.

Harshad: Princess, What happened?

Abhi: Why did you sing Soha's part, Barbie?

Aryaman: You know it is not a joke, Nandu. We were going to reveal our identity today.

Nandini remained silent and except Sid and Soha they all kept trying to make her talk but she didn't say a word.

Sid: Cupcake?

He called out and they saw her eyes brimming with tears. She rushed to hug him and he hid her in his embrace. He felt her entire self trembling in fear. He frowned but couldn't ask her the reason as Soha collasped on the floor, catching all of their attention.

Sid did feel Nandini's grip tightening around him but he didn't get time to acknowledge it as they had to rush Soha to hospital.

Nandini was the last one to leave the jam room and before that she messaged someone.

When she reached hospital, they all were already present there. Without talking with anybody, she walked to the doctors cabin who had went there a moment ago.

The others were confused and when she came out, they asked her to which she remained silent. Seeing her so vulnerable, they all stopped.

After few minutes, the doctor came out and they rushed to her.

Doctor: The patient had consumed a chemical powder mixed in juice which damaged her vocal cords temporarily. But there's nothing to worry now as she is fine. She will be conscious in some time. Avoid letting her talk much.

Harshad: Doctor, she had a competition in two days, can she perform?

Doctor: For that, we need to see how much damage the chemical had did. Let's wait for her to wake up, but as a doctor, I would suggest to avoid any kind of pressure on her vocal cords.

Aryaman: Okay and Thankyou so much, Doctor.

Doctor: Oh No, All thanks to this young lady who came on time and gave me the powder your band member consumed.