29. The Loss?

Manik clutched his head tighter as he sat on the chair outside the emergency room, where Nandini was taken. It had been half an hour already and they haven't heard a word from the doctors. Manik's patience was running off by now. His friends were beside him trying their best to console him but who could console him?

Just go die and end it at once!

His own words rang in his mind, pricking his heart sharper than a needle would have done.

He told her to go and die. It was him. She was there, struggling for her breathes because of him.

He gasped, finding it difficult to even take a single breathe and the others were immediately by his side.

Dhruv: Manik, Sambhaal khudko.

Manik: Kaise? Kaise, Dhruv? It was me! I told her to go and die!

His voice cracked, remembering how she stood lifeless infront of the speeding truck. How she stepped back to save herself before the truck hit her. How her body flew over in the air before hitting the ground or how she struggled to breathe when they were bringing her here.

Manik: It is all because of me! I shouldn't have said that!

He cried out loud and they all immediately took him in a bone crushing hug.

Mukti: You didn't mean it, Manik. Don't blame yourself.

Cabir: and Nandini is going to be fine. Stop crying like a kid, Manik!

Aliya: Guys, we need to inform Harshad bhai and others too.

Mukti: I will call Abhi.

They nodded and Mukti walked to the side biting down her lower lip. She was scared this news will break Abhi more but then she needed to tell him.

Mukti: A-Abhi!

Her voice cracked as soon as Abhi picked up the call. She heard sniffing sound and then heard footsteps before Abhi cleared his throat and replied.

Abhi: I am fine, Mukti.

Mukti: A-Abhi, Nandini!

She ended up sobbing out loud which was enough to alert Abhi.

Abhi: Barbie? What happened, Mukti? Is she fine?

Mukti didn't reply and it scared Abhi more.

Abhi: Mukti! I am asking you something, damit! You are scaring me now. What happened to my barbie, Mukti? She is fine, right? Tell me, where are you? I am coming there.

Mukti: A-Apolo hospital! Get everyone here!

She managed to utter before hanging up the call without listening to his reply.

Mukti didn't have any good conversation with Nandini but today, Nandini's condition had managed to leave her in tears and then, Nandini was Abhi's life. She had no idea why was Nandini so important for him but she knew one thing for sure, Abhi won't be able to survive if something happened to Nandini.

Within fifteen minutes, Abhi was there with the others. They spotted Mukti in the corridor and ran upto her.

Abhi: Mukti! Where's Barbie?

Mukti: Abhi, calm down-

Abhi: Mukti! I am asking you where's barbie! I need to see her!

Abhi jerked her shoulder tight, earning a hiss from her. He realized what happened and immediately stepped away from her and muttered a sorry. Saying it's okay, Mukti took him to the side where others were sitting.