40. Forgiveness

By the time Nandini came back, the others had resumed the game and were all bickering. She could feel Manik's eyes on her as she sat down silently at her place.

The bottle stopped on Mutki who was given a dare by Aliya to do a prank call. Mukti whined, protesting against it.

Mukti: How can you all be so mean? My fiance is here, at least have some shame.

Before Fab5 could say anything, Aryaman and Madhayam laughed embarrassing Abhi.

Aryaman: Mukti, you speak like your fiance is innocent.

Mukti: What do you mean?

Madhayam: We mean, Abhi is the biggest prankster ever, but only when it comes to doing prank calls. He has even pranked his professors!

Abhi: Shut up guys!

Navya: No why shut up now? Mukti, do you know he even pranked his friend's mother.

Mukti looked at him with her mouth wide open in shock. Seeing her so invested, Aryaman fueled the situation while all Abhi could do was face palm himself.

Aryaman: He was so scared the next day and she actually reported him to the school. He almost cried.

And they all burst out laughing.

Abhi: She threatened to call Appa. What would I have done?

Madhayam: As if Appa would have scolded you! He would have sued her back!

Nandini: He wouldn't have.

They all looked at her, startled and Nandini realised she intervened in between.

Nandini: I mean, He wouldn't have encouraged the wrong things we did. He would have punished him instead.

Abhi: See exactly. That's why I was so scared!

Aryaman: Fine fine, but Mukti you can't escape the dare!

Mukti: Okay fine! Give me your phone.

Abhi handed it with glaring at his friends all the while.

After tons of laughter and Mukti trying to prank the stranger she called randomly, the bottle was spun again and this time stopped on Harshad. They all cheered as he shook his head.

Harshad: I will take the truth.

Navya: that's why you are no fun!

Harshad: Are you going to ask?

Aliya: Okay- I will ask! Bhai tell us a secret no one knows about you!

The silence that followed Aliya's question was not expected by anyone. Had it been before, Black Shinners could have claimed proudly that they had no secrets between them but now time has changed. They were no longer close enough to share their deepest secrets.

Harshad looked even more troubled than them. As if, he didn't want to talk about it. He didn't want to share his secret he had kept for years. He looked and a tear managed to escape his eyes. Aliya almost told him he didn't have to force himself but he composed himself before that and smiled a sad smile.

Harshad: I visit Soha's graveyard every week. No one knows.

Manik looked at Nandini and the look on her face told him Harshad had really underestimated Nandini's love for him, Soha and their friends. Nandini knew. She had to know. If she can send bodyguards behind her step sister to Mumbai, how can she not know what her brother is up to.

Aliya: Bhai, are you okay?

Harshad nodded with a small smile. He was not but he hoped he would be one day.