14. The Kapoor's Deal

As Manik rushed upstairs looking quite angry and Cabir followed him, Harshad turned to Abhi to question him but stopped seeing tears in his eyes.

Mukti was standing beside him. She had bandaged his hand but still didn't leave it. She didn't know why but apart from her friends, he was the first person she was concerned for. She wanted to make sure he was fine and if he wasn't, she was going to be with him.

She tighten her hold on his hand and unknowingly he gripped it more tight.

Here, Manik reached Nandini's room and saw her sitting on the bed with her back supported against the bed rest while her feet were at a side so that the bedsheet doesn't get the blood which was still dripping from her feet.

Though, downstairs she had managed to control her pain but now it was really difficult to. She wasn't even able to move her feet.

Manik: Nandini-

She opened her eyes with a jerk and looked at him sternly.

Nandini: Why are you here? Leave!

Manik: You are bleeding.

He stated, his eyes soft seeing the bleeding wound.

Nandini: Leave, I said!

Just then Cabir, who was standing at the door from the time Manik said she was bleeding, came inside. Seeing him, Nandini's anger reached it's peak.

Nandini: Mr.Cabir Dhawan, Who the hell gave you permission to enter inside my room? Leave my room right now! Leave, I said!

She shouted by the end and even in this serious situation Manik didn't fail to notice how she shouted at Cabir for entering inside her room without her permission while when he came there that day and even today, she didn't.

However, this time Manik lost his calm. He stepped forward and glared at her.

Manik: Will you shut up and listen to me for a second?

She glared back at him for shouting at her but ignoring it, he turned to Cabir.

Manik: Cabir, Get me a first aid box.

Cabir nodded and walked out of the room to get a first aid box while Manik settled on the bed near her legs. He bite his lower lip, wondering if he could touch it or not.

Slowly, A tear fell from his eyes on her foot and Nandini, who was all ready to shout at him again remained silent. Her eyes soften and a single tear managed to fall from her eye as well which she wiped away hurriedly without his notice. She cleared her throat and he looked at her.

Nandini: I don't need your help Mr.Malhotra. You can go and console your new friend.

She taunted. He was a fool if he thought she didn't know it was him behind this deal with Kapoors. It wasn't difficult to join the dots after he warned her yesterday night. However, hearing her innocent complaint, he chuckled.

Was she jealous that he became friends with Abhi?

Manik: I am not friends with Abhi. I just took his help.

Nandini: I don't care, Mr.Malhotra. And what are you huh? If it was someone else on your place, he would've left after all the words I said to you, so why are you here?

She was surprised. She knew nobody would have stayed after so much insulting remarks but he was here. Sitting right infront of her with the pain of her wounds in his eyes.

Manik: Listen to me for once and all, Nandini. I am not someone else. Let me dress your wound and I will leave without a word but till than, not a word from you.