32. Cabir-Navya

As Manik and Nandini stepped inside the mansion, Manik felt Nandini going tense beside him. He held her hand and dragged her inside when she literally stopped at the door to calm down herself.

It was the first time she had gone on a date without even informing her family. She didn't need to, she knew but she believed they knew better than her and cared for her.

Manik didn't leave her even when they reached the hall where the others were going mad in worry. As soon as they all saw them, they marched to them.

Harshad: Manik! Where were you both? And where were your mobiles? Couldn't you atleast receive our calls? Nandini is still a child Manik, but you-

Harshad stopped in mid when Nandini literally came infront, covering Manik.

Nandini: Bhai, Don't scold Manik. It was my mistake. He even said we should go, but it was me only who wanted to roam around.

Manik's gaze softened hearing her defending him infront of her brother.

Did she just lie to her brother to save him? Apparently, she did and his heart fluttered at the thought.

Aryaman: But Nandu, we were so worried for you. You should have atleast told us, right?

Nandini: Next time, I will bhai. Let it go na. I am really tired and before you guys ask me where were we, we just went for a coffee and movie. So don't scold, Manik.

With that, she ran away to her making them shake their head at her. Black Shinners glared at Manik who looked uneffected.

Manik: What?

Navya: You should have atleast informed us, Manik. We are her family.

Manik: The same family who abandoned her two years ago, right?

Aryaman: Manik, We know you care for her but whatever happened two years ago, it was our personal matter. You taunting us all the time is going to change nothing.

Manik: But at the same time, you taunting her changed a lot, Aryaman.

Madhayam: We know we made a mistake in the past, Manik and we are really guilty about it. We really want to-

Ignoring what Madhayam was going to say further, Manik walked to the side table and threw the vase kept there. The vase hit the white marble, breaking in numerous small and big pieces.

Sid: What are you doing?

Manik: Madhayam, Can you tell me what is this?

Madhayam: It is a vase and you broke it, Manik.

Manik smiled, confusing all them further.

Manik: I broke it. But do you think I can fix it back to what it was before?

Madhayam: What rubbish, Manik! How can you fix it! It is already bro-

Madhayam stopped in between as the realisation dawned upon him. Others realised his point too.

Manik: You are right, Madhayam. I cannot fix it, no matter how much I try. The same way, you cannot fix Nandini ever because that's how you people broke her too! So badly that she couldn't heal herself even after two years!

Madhayam fell silent, feeling the guilt rise in his heart once again, this time stronger than before. Others remained silent too either seeing the anger radiating from Manik or because he was too right to oppose.

Aryaman: But that doesn't mean we sit back without doing anything, right? We need to do efforts to gain her back and we are doing so.

Manik: Efforts. You are right, Aryaman. You guys are doing efforts and maybe, no actually for sure she would forgive you one day but I, I will never forgive you all. For me, you people are just Nandini's bad past. The past that had broken her completely.