31. A date it is!

Nandini's foot slipped, and she heard everyone shout for her. Before she could fall down, Sid who was nearest to her, held her hand.

She held herself and turned around only to meet Manik's furious eyes. She opened her mouth to say something but before that Manik held her wrist and dragged her downstairs.

Manik: What the fuck is wrong with you, Nandini? What if Sid wouldn't have saved you? You could have got hurt.

Manik didn't realise how loud and rude he sounded until he saw tears brimming in her eyes. Guilt took over instantly and he tried to apologise but she didn't let him.

Nandini: Shut up!

She glared at him, her cheeks puffing out and Manik's anger melted right away but still he kept the stern look.

Manik: and why should I? You can do whatever you want but we can't even shout at you?

Nandini looked at everyone else to save her but nobody came ahead. First, Manik did look really angry, and second they knew he loved her and was just worried for her.

Sid: Nandu, it is not even a day and you are back at your mischiefs.

Abhi: Barbie, you know na how worried we are for you?

Nandini: Bhaiyu, you also?

Nobody, nobody's words hurted her the way Abhi's did. And Fab5 knew, the love Abhi had for Nandini wasn't one sided. The way Nandini ran upto hug him and he wrapped his arms around the next moment, it justified her anger for him too.

Nandini: Sorry.

Abhi: Aur Manik se?

Manik nodded his head in no but Abhi blinked his eyes. Nandini peeked in from Abhi's arms to look at Manik who was already looking at her.

Nandini: Sorry, Manik.

Manik: It is okay.

°°°

Nandini was walking through the corridor when she collided into Manik. She whined, frowned and looked up to send him a glare. He glared back at her for no reason and she ended up giggling which made him smile too.

Manik: Nandini?

Nandini: Yes?

Manik: I am sorry for earlier.

Nandini: Manik, Com'on! It is okay. We are friends, right? So it is okay.

She smiled at him and he continued to stare at her until she clicked her fingers infront of him. She smirked teasingly as he grew embarrassed.

Nandini: Staring is rude, Mr.Rockstar.

Manik: Is it?

He chuckled nervously trying to cover it up and she bobbed her head up and down.

Nandini: You better do something to convince me otherwise or else you know I have five brothers.

She smirked leaving his eyes and mouth wide open.

Manik: Are you threatening me?

Nandini: Yes, I am-

Nandini stopped in between as she heard her name being called out loudly. She shouted back 'coming' before turning to Manik.

Nandini: Okay, I will see you later.

She had just taken a step ahead when Manik held her wrist from behind. He pulled her making her back hit his front.

Nandini: Manik.

She breathed slowly and he smiled.

Manik: How about a coffee with me this weekend?