17. Abhi-Mukti

Manik came outside and at the same time his friends along with Abhi reached there. They frowned seeing his expressions.

Cabir: What happened, Manik?

Aliya: Di Shouted at you, isn't it?

Aliya had guessed it right. She knew how Nandini was and she also knew Manik.

Manik looked at her and sighed comfirming their doubt. He didn't know what he should tell them. He knew they were possesive for him. He might be the monster but still he was a baby at heart. He felt hurt the way Nandini shouted at him.

Abhi: but why would she shout at you for no reason? You must have done something to irritate her.

He was sure Manik might have ended up irritating her. Though he knew today Nandini wasn't in right state of mind yet he refused to believe that she shouted on Manik without any reason.

His barbie was never like that unless the other person meant something to her and here, he wasn't sure about her feelings for Manik.

Aliya: Bhai, What do you-

Aliya started but was cut off by Mukti in between.

Mukti: Abhi, you very well know how she is, yet you are supporting her? She shouted at Manik for no reason.

Manik: Mukti-

He tried to clear the misunderstanding and tell them what happened but before that Abhi lashed out on Mukti.

Abhi: I very well know my Barbie, Mukti. You don't have to tell me. I am sure he must have done something that's why she shouted at him.

Mukti: What do you mean, Abhi? Only she is right and we all are wrong! I don't know what is so special about her that all are wrong for you except her.

She snapped back in anger. She didn't know why but she was jealous. Why was he always doing 'Barbie-Barbie'. Couldn't he see anyone else infront of her?

Though they all understood that she was jealous but Abhi couldn't acknowledge the same. He was angry at her. Why was she behaving so childish? And who is she to question him about his Barbie?

Abhi: Just shut up, Mukti. I don't need to tell you what is special about my barbie! And wait who do you think you are to question me about her!

He stopped, realising what he said and in what way. He stepped forward but the damage was done. Mukti already had tears in her eyes. While her friends were shocked seeing the situation taking such a ugly turn.

Mukti: You are right, I am no one to speak about you and your Barbie. I am really sorry Mr.Thakker.

Abhi: Mukti, Damn! I didn't mean that. Listen to me.

Mukti shook her head softly and left from there and Aliya instantly ran behind her while Abhi turned to others.

Abhi: I am sorry, guys. It is just, I can't bear a word against Barbie.

Manik: It is okay, Abhi. We understand you and your love for Nandini but you know,

He stepped forward and held his shoulder.

Manik: Mukti might not be my sister by blood but still she is a sister to me. I can still break your bones if you hurt her again.

Manik warned and Abhi nodded, gulping a little as he processed Manik's words. Cabir and Dhruv stood beside Manik indicating that they meant the same words which made Abhi smile as he remembered the days when he, and the other boys of their gang were equally possesive for the girls in their group.