35. Bonds and Fights

Manik cursed himself for the nth time. His woman was tougher, damn! She was. He couldn't doubt it now.

Nandini had been ignoring him like a plague for the whole damn week. Seven days, he hadn't heard a word from her. From the moment, Manik had stepped on the airport, he had expected her to call him, scold him, shout at him but never did he expected her to give him such a silent treatment.

She hadn't even been seeing his messages, let alone replying or receiving his calls. He was going mad here, calling her friends and everyone but Nandini Murty was way more stubborn than he thought.

He sighed and at the same time the door of his cabin opened revealing a smiling Cabir.

Cabir: Manik-

Manik: Yes?

Cabir: I have something for you.

Manik: What?

Manik frowned and at the same time Cabir put his mobile infront of his face where Nandini was on video call. Shocked, numb and surprised - Manik couldn't move a muscle. Nandini only seemed to be enjoying his condition as she giggled softly.

Her giggles brought Manik out of the trance. He glanced at Cabir who nodded his head, confirming it was reality not a dream.

Within a minute, Manik snatched the mobile and Cabir laughed out loud.

Cabir: Okay, you two talk. I will come later to receive my mobile.

Manik didn't even nod, for he was still in the daze. As Cabir left, Manik didn't even look at the screen. The desperateness of so many days suddenly turned into anger, anger that she didn't talk to him, she didn't receive his calls, messages, and anger that she preferred to video call Cabir but not him.

He snickered making her chuckle.

Nandini: Manik?

Manik: Sorry?

Nandini: Okay, I am sorry. Atleast look at me.

Manik wanted to, he really wanted too but the anger which was slowly turning into hurt now stopped him. He shook his head softly making her smile.

Nandini: Sorry?

Manik: You don't talk to me.

Nandini: Okay.

She muttered and scared she will actually cut the call, Manik turned to the screen hastily only to find her sitting with a soft smile. He growled at her in anger and she looked at him amused for she didn't know a human could do that.

Manik: You are so cruel.

Nandini: Am I?

Manik nodded, suddenly feeling so vulnerable. He couldn't come to the fact that this woman, sitting on the other side of the screen could make him feel so many different emotions, all at once. He was desperate to talk to her, he was angry and he was hurt and now, he felt so vulnerable.

Manik: How do you do this?

Nandini: Do what?

Manik: Don't pretend, Nandini. Why were you ignoring me?

Nandini: Why did you leave without informing me?

Manik: I did inform you!

Nandini: Manik!

She looked irritated and Manik mentally laughed at her inability to argue with him. Was it only with him, or she was always the same? He didn't know.

Nandini whined and pouted for she lost the point while Manik could only laugh at her expenses.