chapter 12

DARIOUS' POV

I was following Da'kari into the room while dezyre started cooking. I sat in a chair at the corner of the room watching him play. I could still get the DNA test if she had some cotton swabs or q-tips. I got up going into his bathroom looking through the drawers and under the sink. Damn, it was nothing, i guess i gotta ask now. I went back into the living room and looked over at Dezyre, i don't know why it would hurt her if we even got the test done, at least im here anyway.

"Dezyre you got some cotton swabs or something around that" i asked as she turned around.

"Yea what you need it for?" She said staring at me.

"Uhm clean my ear?" I ain't know what to say i was a good lier but with her something was holding me back.

She stood there staring at me for a while before she went into her room. She came back out with the whole pack waiting for me to get done getting what i needed. I got like 30 cotton swabs and went back into the room with Da'kari. I kneeled beside him stopping him from playing.

"open your mouth" he was just staring at me with a blank look. "C'mon lil man open your mouth....please"

He slowly opened his moth still starin at me. I wiped the inside of his mouth with the cotton swab then id the same for me with a new one. I went back into the kitchen and got a bag. Now all i gotta do is get this to the clinic.

DREAM'S POV

I cooked and made everything ready im glad Darious decided to forget about the test. I fixed a plate for me and him and called him to the living room and we ate and talked about just everything especially highschool days.

"so since after i left who you been with?" I asked focusing on my plate.

"Welll i went with alot of girls after you left....most of them was just a quick something i didn't have feelings for them as much as i did and still do have with you" I paused looking at him, he was staring right back at me.

"You serious?"

"well yea before i came here i went with Amber bt that was it we broke up"

"mmm" I looked away from him but i knew he was still staring. Funny thing about it is back in highschool Amber was the one that was trying to break us up. She had deep feelings for him and of course he let her have them instead of just cutting her off right off the back. I really did hate her, but now that we all grown up i guess i couldn't be mad about it...

"You planning on having more kids?" he asked out of nowhere.

"Yea when i move back to LA and get settled in with the right person" i said casually, i already knew where this was gonna go.

"you know if you really wanna come back to L.A. then i can pay for you to come with me and Jace"

"who's jace"

"The guy you've been seeing with me he's part of the gang"

I just nodded and took his plate getting up before he stopped me."I got it, go take a shower and relax"

"I wasn't about to do anything yet its like 11 and Da'kari need his milk ao he can sleep."

"Well feed him and then go relax how about that?" I looked him up and down before fixing the milk and going into Da'Kari's room feeding him. Since he was already half sleep i just let him sleep on the floor i picked him up and placed him in the crib. I reserved the milk for the next morning instead.

I walked into my room and quickly got undressed, usually i sleep naked but i guess i gotta put on some clothes since Darious here. I got my Laced blue lingerie and headed to the shower bathing.in my bath and body works Red bodywash. I got out drying myself off and getting dressed in my lingerie. When i came out Darious was sitting on the bed texting away on his phone. I got in the bed under the covers.

"What you got on get from under the covers" he said putting his phone on the nightstand.

"Im cold go take a shower" i said. shooing him away.

He sighed and took a quick shower coming out in only boxers. I felt him slide in the bed and wrap his arms around me.

"You can't do that who says we go out" I turned to face him he just stared at me, so i stared right back.

He leaned in to kiss me when his phone just went off. He got up answering it walking out.

DARIOUS' POV

As soon as i was about to kiss Dezyre one of the guys called, a good moment ruined by work! I answered the phone not saying hello or anything.

"Aye boss we got some information"one of the guys said from the other line,this should be great.

"speak" i said  sitting on the bed.

"So it turns out that bitch amber been trying to take you down, we caught her trying to steal some drugs and weapons.... we got her tied down in the basement trying to see who she work for but she won't talk...You want us to keep her alive till you get back?"

"Yea i can make her talk...listen i gotta go just be on the look out for any clues" i hung up the phone and walked back to the room smiling.