-5-

America

I had to get away from Maxon. I felt like he was going to say something I didn't want to hear. So, I told him the tea reception was starting. But it was nice talking and getting updated on each other's lives. It was awkward telling him about Anthony. Me and Maxon technically dated.

I went over to the piano and just let my feeling take away. I played some of my favorite song and created some new ones. I put all my emotions into the song and I smiled. This is album materiel, even a single. When I was finished, I realized the time had really slipped away this time. The tea party is starting in 5 minutes. I had send my maids away, when I played the piano and sung, so I have to get ready on my own. I can't remember where everything was, so I went down with the dress I was already in.

I almost ran down the stairs to get to the women's room. It won't look good if I'm late. When I was standing in front of the women's room, I breathed in and out. When I was calm enough and could breathe again I opened the door. In the room the Queen was sitting with her maids surrounding her. Kriss was walking around making sure everything was right. Celeste was nowhere to be found; Natalie and Elise were speaking in the back corner.

I went over to talk to them, and grabbed a cup of tea on the way. Elise was dressed in a classic blue New Asian dress. Her stomach was huge, but the dress was fitting perfectly around her belly. Natalie was in a Pinkish, peachy colored dress. I looked down at my own dress, it was nothing like theirs, but it was beautiful in its own way.

When they saw me, they ran over to me, and we embraced each other. I spilled my tea on the floor. We all laughed, when a maid came to wipe it off the floor. Kriss joined us and we talked and laughed. I have missed my girls so much.

"I'm here!" Celeste announced when she came in. She ran straight to us. I shook my head, typical Celeste. She didn't have a sense or aware of other people's presents, and she still doesn't. I hugged her tightly before the other girls joined. 

"I have missed you girls you much." She screamed and gestured with her hands like crazy. Celeste must be in a mood. She is in a hot pink dress and she is acting like she is drunk.

"Tell me about your life Celeste!" I said. She looked at me, and went to sit down.

She started to talk and talk. She just had so many problems in her life. Her wedding is coming up soon and she is having a mid-life crisis. We all had a laugh while Celeste continued her rant. She literally complained about everything. Her fiancé is an actor, and I know him, I did a song on the soundtrack for his movie. They are a match on every level. He is very calm and a good listener and Celeste like to talk a lot.

"And I'm pregnant!" Celeste finished. I looked at her surprised, I have never imagined Celeste as a mom.

"Wow, that's amazing news!" Kriss said and rushed up. She didn't say it like she meant it. Kriss was envy of Celeste. I guess she has always envied her in some ways, but this was different. Kriss almost looked like Celeste had taken something from her.

"Congrats" I said and hugged Celeste. She was going to be a mom.

"Thank you, I hope it's a girl. I can't have another hormone in my house." Celeste said. The way she described boys made us all burst into laughter. Especially Elise, who is going to have a boy. We laughed so much we didn't even notice that the Queen had joined us.

"Boys aren't that bad, they might be easier that girls." Queen Amberly said and smiled.

We each took turns to tell about our life after the selection. Elise is obviously pregnant. She didn't complaint compared to Celeste, mostly she just complained about being pregnant and morning sickness. Elise's husband is treating her good, and she is in love. She finally knows that her and Maxon was never meant for each other.

Natalie's family is getting better after her sister was killed. Natalie has never settle down; she is a free spirit. She launched a jewelry line and is worn by Kriss on events, I would have known if I liked fashion.

They all finished and their eyes stopped on me. Now it was my turn. I straighten my dress and started to talk. I told them about my music, Anthony and just how life was back home. And I joked at May when she came into the women's room. May was mad and embarrassed. They all listened patiently until I finished. We all laughed.

A maid came over to the Queen and whispered something in her ears. The Queen nodded and the maid walked away again.

"Ladies we are getting some company." The Queen said as Maxon and King Clarkson came in. oh right, Men and boys must ask the Queen for permission to come in. We all stood up to curtsy.

"Hello ladies, it's nice to see you all again." King Clarkson said and joined us. He kissed his Queen and took a sip of his coffee. Maxon joined him, he was tense. Does Clarkson still hit him? Does Kriss know about the scars on his back. They're married, they should have seen each other naked, right?

"Can I speak to miss America?" King Clarkson said and I looked up and followed him. Maxon had a scared look on his face, almost like he was terrified of what was going to happen. That made me nervous, what could He possibly want from me? I thought he was over the hate he had for me.

"I have a deal for you." He said and my whole body shivered.