-32-

Maxon

"Your majesty? I'm sorry to wake you." My butler said centimeters away from my face causing me to gasp.

"I'm so sorry Your majesty. Someone is here to see you."

"In the middle of the night?" I asked annoyed. I looked over at America who was still sleeping soundly.

"I'm afraid so." My butler apologized.

I got out of bed as quietly as possible so America wouldn't wake up. I made my way to the front gate in slippers and a robe. I feel extremely exposed dressed in this. Before during the selection I wore tuxedoes even when I slept, because of what's on my back.

"Your majesty you might want to step back a bit, we suggested that he stayed away but he wouldn't budge." A officer said when I came closer to the front door.

I took a step back and two officers came to each of my sides. Now I feel scared. The last time someone came in the middle of the night, was August and Georgia, that time they were here my father didn't know about it and I'm guessing he shouldn't know about this either.

"Is it a sociopath?" I asked. The guards shared a look.

"He might be." The guard closet to me replied. I feel my heart beating faster and my palms started to sweat. I tried to wipe it off on my robe, but it just kept coming back.

"Open the door, lets see who it is." I sighed. The tension only gets worse the longer I wait.

The guards opened the door slowly and a very drunk man appeared. It took me a while to recognize who it was, once he stepped inside the castle I could see his face. There was definitely some dirt and blue marks, but it can only be him. Why is he here? And drunk. I would have expected Aspen to appear like this, since he calls America and scares her, but not him. When I met him he seemed very sane, but then again Aspen seemed sane too.

"What are you doing here?" I asked tired. I thought it was a sociopath and it's just him.

"Hahaha..... don't you know why I hate you? You stole my girl, we postponed our wedding and then she wanted you!" He shouted and got so close that I could smell his disgusting breath.

"That's not my problem, she doesn't love you." I said. I took a few steps back.

"She did, now you knocked her up." He laughed and smiled idiotically. Everyone seems unhappy about America and I's baby. Well it's only been two people, and Illea seems happy, only America's ex-boyfriends don't like the idea of our baby.

None of America's boyfriends have gotten over her, and if they do, they still think about her. I thought I was over America, but when I saw her dance with Celeste at the party and I fell for her again, I loved her even when I was married to Kriss, and the heartbreak got better over time. I was pining for her for a long time.

"You know, when she married you I thought it's just a wedding, but when you become someones mother, that seals the deal." He said and took a sip of the beer he had in his hand. I didn't even notice the green bottle at first.

"You're drunk," I said and tried to take the bottle but he immediately pull the bottle closer to his body, protecting it like his life depended on it.

"Maybe I'm drunk, but America will be mine," He said and turned around and sat down.

I ran a hand through my hair, they woke me up for this. This is waste of my time, I should be sleeping or coddling with America.

"Maxon? Is that you." I heard a little voice behind me and turned around. I saw America at the end of the stairs, she was wearing a robe and her pink fluffy slippers.

"America? What are you doing here?" I asked and walked over to her.

"I woke up, but you weren't there." She said and wrapped her arms around me, and I embraced her.

"Who is here this late?" America asked.

"Um... It's Anthony," I sighed.

"He is here? Why?"

"He still wants you, I think." I sighed.