-16-

Maxon

In a week I marry America. Father took care of Kriss and I don't want to know what he has done to that poor girl. Father is very happy now; I'm not used to this version of my dad.

He is on the other side of our desk looking at plans for the war.  I'm currency looking at budget for public schools and housing for eights. I hate math, I'm not a natural when it comes to math. I had to train math to be able to keep up with all these budgets. Right now all I can concentrate about is America. America and my mother is planning our wedding.

"I'm looking forward to your wedding, son" father said and looked away from the papers he was studying.

"You are?"

"Yes, I have always thought that America would be your wife."

Is this a part of a sick game? He basically threatened America and me during the selection, he whipped me for defending America.

"I thought you wanted her to become my wife because she can produce, and Illea likes her."

"I'm going to tell you the same things as I told her." He shook his head.

He told me that he was strict with me, but he loves me. He was the result of his parents and he thought he was doing the right thing. He wanted me to fight, fight for the person I loved, and when I didn't do it, he was disappointed. He thought the selection would've ended a different way. When he finished, I was shocked. He wants a grandchild very badly and so does my mom.

"So why didn't you tell me sooner?"

"I don't know Maxon, I never thought it would've ended this way." My dad said and rubbed his chin.

"You aren't focused on your work, just go find America and your mother." He said and waved me over to the door. I leaped out of my seat and I ran down the stair to find my mom and fiancé.

The first place I searched was the woman's room. I knocked and waited for my mother to answer. Seconds later she came and stuck her head out.

"Mom, can I come in?"

"Maxon what are you doing here? You can't stay, go." She hushed and I backed away. Instead of going back to the office I went to my room instead. What are they doing in there that I can't see? 

-

"Maxon?" America asked from behind me. I turned around and she was smiling at the door. She walked closer and hugged me.

"What did you do in there? What is this that I can't see?" I asked eager to know what was behind those doors.

"It's a surprise," America laughed at my eagerness.

"You know you have to become a princess after the ceremony right?"

"Don't remind me of that," She said and hit me friendly on the shoulder.

I can't wait to be husband and wife. I sure hope my father keeps his promise, handing the crown to me and America when we have an heir. I have some changes that would be wonderful for Illea. I don't think America is ready to be princess, yet alone Queen. This is all too much to ask from her, even though she would be an amazing queen.

"Just wait till after the wedding." I smirked and wiggled my eyebrows.

"Everyone keeps telling me that, it's just... I don't know." She said. I took my America in my arms and kissed her over and over. I carried her over to the bed, this is relaxing after a long day in the office.

"Love, I can't wait till you're all mine," I whispered in her ear.

"Did you have... erm you know with Kriss?" America asked and I saw that she was uncomfortable. I don't know how to answer this. Kriss and I slept together a couple of times, on our honeymoon and the times we've tried to produce an heir.

"Yes. It was mandatory for us to produce and heir, and Kriss couldn't so we have tried." I said. America smiled sadly. I wanted to be pure for her, but I can't change the past. America started to cry silently. I hugged her tight and she was shaking in my arms.

"I'm sorry darling, I really..."

"Shh... I don't know what is going on with me."

We laid like that for hours, and America felt asleep. I carried her to my room, I didn't feel like letting America sleeping in the princess suite. It's too much Kriss and America should settle in first.