-14-

Maxon

Father has been calling a lot. He is driving me insane. He texted me and told me Kriss has been taking care of, what ever that means. I didn't even know he could text.

I'm hiding in my aunt Adele's house. She is on vacation so the house was empty. I hope the security system didn't kick in.

America called and she said she'd find me. I hung up on her which I'm starting to regret now. She was nice to me. I wanted to tell her I love her again, but I guess it doesn't matter now.

I haven't cried this much since ever. I don't want to be the next ruler. I'm so miserable and sad. I need my red-haired princess.

I hear a knock on the door. Who is knocking, no one is supposed to know that I am here. I opened the door and saw America standing there. I'm confused, but happy at the same time.

"Please come home with me?" She asked

"I can't America, I can't do this anymore." I said, fighting to keep my emotions in touch.

"Do what?" America asked and I looked down at my feet

"Rule Illea, America I'm not happy."

"So you broke into your aunt's house." America chuckled.

I shook my head and let out a weird sound. It was a mix of a laugh and cry. I'm surprised by the sound, something I have never heard escape from my mouth. At that moment, I feel so embarrassed.

America stared at me, there was something in her eyes, pain. Suddenly she reached over to kiss me. I was surprised by her sudden love. It took a moment before I kissed her back. I missed her lips so much. The kiss was passionate and hungry. She kissed me hard.

We both pulled away when May came and interrupted our little make out session. America's face was as red as a tomato. My face probably matched hers.

"What's going on here?" May asked and America buried her face in her palms. I started to laugh awkwardly and May was confused.

"Can we have a moment?" I asked and May nodded and backed out again.

"America what are you doing?"

"I want you to come back with me, you can't hide forever." She said.

I shook my head and I couldn't hold my tears back anymore. America started to cry as well. Her mascara was running down her face.

"I want to, because I love you America. If you don't want to be mine I don't want to continue."

"You still sound like a little boy." America laughed and looked at me. Her icy blue eyes were blurry.

"I do, but that doesn't mean I don't want you, I or be you so much and I am so sorry America. I've said it a thousand times, but I need you to know that." I said.

"I know, and i hate to admit this, but I love you too. So much."

She loves me! I felt something lift off from my shoulders. Maybe I might not be so lost after all.

"Where are we going, if I agree to go with you?"

"Home." She simply says and I followed her out to her car. I didn't realize that America could drive a car.

She drove the car fast, and I started to recognize some of the houses and surroundings. We are near the palace now. I'm going home.

The palace is in front of us now and the guards were there. They stopped us before they saw me and let us through.

May stayed in the car while America went inside with me. I found my mother in the women's room and she invited me inside. She almost cried when she saw me.

"Maxon darling." She said and hugged me tightly. I know she was worried. She always worries when I'm away from the palace.

"Hi mom."

"You were supposed to be back straight after." She said and looked at me to see if I was hurt.

"I'm fine mom." I reassured her.

"America!" My mom shouted in a lady like way and went over to embrace her.

My mom asked her something and they both started to cry. I didn't feel like interrupting their conversation. They finished with tears and my mom looks extremely happy.

"We need to tell Clarkson and Maxon." Mom cheered.

"Tell me What?"

"I'm staying." America said.