-9-

Maxon

I stopped America's wedding and I just stormed out. I feel terrible, why did I do that? I love America, and I want her to be happy. Everyone at the wedding turned to look at me and so did America and Anthony.

I needed some air and went to a bench in the park nearby. I plumbed down on it and held my head in my hand. I heard footsteps coming towards me and I looked up. It was America. She was walking towards me in her white wedding dress, she looked absolutely stunning. I had dreamt that she would be wearing that and walk towards me, but not in this situation.

"Maxon? What happened?" America said and looked at me concerned. She sat down besides me trying to keep her white dress clean.

"I don't know." I said and shook my head and chuckled a bit. I lost control over my body. I couldn't see America get married.

"It's okay." America said and rubbed my shoulders gently. How can she be so sweet when I just ruined her wedding. Why can't she just yell at me?

"Its not, I ruined your wedding." I whispered

"I know, but there is something bothering you."

I told her everything. I told her, I love her, and I always have. I want to be the one she marries and I want her to be the first thing I see when I wake up.
If I had a ring right this moment I would have proposed to her.

I told her the moment I realized I loved her ever so deeply. When she was standing gracefully across the floor at the reunion the other day. I told her my decision doesn't have anything to do with my father and his deal, but I felt that way in my heart.

America didn't interrupt me, but I could see she wanted to say something. Probably the fact that I told her I would be happy when she is gone, and now I'm begging for her the 3rd time.

I shook my head and realized I don't have a chance. A nice good looking guy, who probably treats her good is not far away. What are the chances for us being together?

"I love you America." I said and was afraid to meet her eyes. Afraid to see the rejection that I already knew I was getting.

"Please don't Maxon." She said and her voice was weak and threatened to break. I finally looked up and America's eyes were wet.

"Don't cry, you know I get frustrated when women cry." I chuckled trying to make this situation less awkward.

"Don't start, you would almost peed your pants when the whole room of women cried." She laughed.

She was looking so adorable and cuter than ever. I want to kiss her soft lips and wipe away her tears that stained her pink cheeks.

"I'm so sorry America, I mean it for everything." I sighed and looked at her icy blue eyes.

"It's okay, I know how it feel when you see the person you love marry someone else."

I thought of my wedding with Kriss. America was brave watching us get married and exchange our wows. Now it's the opposite, me seeing America get married, but the difference is that I stopped it before the wows were even exchanged.

"I screwed up didn't I?"

"Yeah, pretty much." She sighed and smiled slightly.

"So there is no chance of finding happiness." I whispered to my self. America must have heard me.

"I think you'll be happy, Kriss is Amazing." America said and rubbed my shoulders ones again. I can't help but to smile. I remembered when America told me that girls just wanted me to comfort them and give them a pad on the shoulder.

"I don't deserve her, I don't deserve you, or anyone for that matter." I sighed.

"Nonsense Maxon. You just made the wrong choices." America said.

"Did you still hope I would marry you even after the announcements?"

America didn't say yes or no right away. She actually considered her answer. I don't want to lose hope, but I don't think it will end the way I like it to end.

"I did I can't lie, I wanted to get on my knees and beg you to reconsider you decision. When I saw you getting your happily ever after I didn't. I wanted you to be happy. If you loved me you would come back to me." She finished and smiled.

This made me feel extremely guilty, more than I already felt. She wanted me to happy and she didn't beg me to marry her. And here I am stopping her wedding, simply because I want to marry her, not thinking about her happiness.

"I love you Maxon, I always will, but I don't think I'm capable of being your wife."