-6-

America

King Clarkson went outside the women's room. He sits down at the bench and I sit with him. I clench my hands, trying to stop them from shaking. I was afraid to look up from my hands.

"Don't be scared." King Clarkson said silently. I still couldn't calm down.

"What's the deal." I asked. My voice almost disappeared, I looked up. The king was not mad, or anything. His face was natural.

"So... you know my daughter in law." Clarkson said. Is this some kind of joke? Is he still trying to rub it in my face? He can't be serious, he pulled me out for this.

"Kriss? What about her." I said coldly, I don't care if he was king anymore. I'm not the princess and I don't live in this palace. I can leave anytime.

"Do you happens to know she can't have children?" He teased. What does that have to do with me. "And the nation really doesn't like her." Clarkson continued.

"And that has to do with me how?" I asked. He smiled and started to tell.

I already knew that the Winner of the selection is required to produce an heir. Going in, every girl knew that they must get pregnant and give birth. If Kriss can't produce an heir, that means no one to carry the line.

Second page of the contract says, if the winner can't produce an heir the next girl must take her place.

"Since you came in second America, it means that you have to take Kriss' spot as princess." Clarkson said and walked back and forth in front of me. I dropped my jaw, when he said that I have to take Kriss' spot. He has started to like me, but I never thought he would propose, that I should be Maxon's Wife.

"What if I don't want to?"

"Then I would ask another girl, but you're perfect for it." He snarled. "You come from a family of five kids, the nation likes you, and the caste you were, a five"

Only Clarkson could turn this into something ugly. He was basically calling me a servant for them. To produce and heir and look good besides Maxon. How could he be so cold? I once Believed Maxon loved me, and he wanted to marry me. Clarkson talked his son out of it, now that he has chosen Kriss, he wants him to marry me.

I feel bad for Maxon. His situation must be very though. Clarkson is playing with his son's heart. I cannot go into this, not like this. I'm in a relationship with Anthony and Maxon is happily married.

"You can't force us, It's not like its Maxon asking. You are asking." I said and slapped my mouth when I realized what I said.

"If Maxon asks you will marry him?" Clarkson smiled, and I know that he is going to make him ask. "Fine I'll get him to ask."

"No don't, Kriss might still have a chance to have a baby? Does she know?"

"She knows she can't have children, she doesn't know about our little deal. And I would like it that way."

"What deal? We didn't decide anything!" I yelled at him while he walked away.

Urgh. I can't believe this. I waited before I went back into the party. When I walked in Maxon was looking at me. He was a big question in his face. He went over to me and pulled me over to a corner where we were alone.

"What did he tell you?" He asks eagerly.

"He..." I stopped.

"America tell me. Did he tell you to marry me?" Maxon said looked me directly into my eyes. So, he knew about it.

"Yes" I sighed. He looked sad.

"He doesn't have to listen to him." He said.

"I know." I laughed. He smiled sadly.

We stood there for a while before I excused myself and went back to the other girls. They have started to dance and I danced with Celeste. I kept jogging over her feet with my heals and she winced in pain.

"I'm sorry." I smiled.

"It' alright." She said and kept dancing. It's weird to look at us now. I used to hate her during the selection, but now I like her a lot. We've become so close friends.

"So I'm having a baby, do you want to be the godmother?" Celeste asked and I starred at her. She just laughed and looked at me waiting for an answer.

"Yes, a thousand time YES!!" I screamed of joy. I am going to be a mother, well godmother!! I was happy that I didn't realize that Celeste let me go and wasn't holding me. I fell right on my butt. Everyone in the room laughed and I did as well.